PDA

View Full Version : 2k woc

Adam87
24-04-2009, 22:18
Been thinking of a woc army because Im after an army thats hard hitting and cheap and easy to get. This is what I come up with.

Exalted, flail, mark of khorne, juggernaut.

179pts

Exalted, flail, mark of khorne, juggernaut.

179pts

I dunno if I should take them both or swap one for an exalted on a disc with a 3+ ward vs shooting.

Sorcerer, two dispel scrolls, chaos steed.

151pts

Sorcerer, two dispel scrolls, chaos steed.

151pts

5 Marauder horsemen, flails, mark of khorne.

105pts

105pts

105pts

105pts

5 Chaos knights, mark of khorne.

230pts

230pts

230pts

230pts

So what do you think? Do you think it will work?

Kalec
25-04-2009, 08:02
If your opponent can't handle lots of frenzied cavalry, you will win. If he can, you will lose.

I am going to recommend you take something besides khornate knights and horsemen and exalteds and scroll caddies. It gets old really, really, really fast. Believe me, I've tried it.

What you are lacking in is high-S attacks. Your exalteds have S7, but are difficult to direct towards the juicy target that knights won't scratch. I recommend dragon ogres. A unit of 3 with great weapons costs 237 points, just a tad more then a unit of knights. They are not cheap cash-wise, so you will either need to convert your own or use something else. GW chaos ogres will fit the bill well enough. Or, you could drop a unit of knights and swap an exalted for Valkia. Flying, a BSB, and 6 S7 KP attacks on the charge should take care of most especially problematic enemies.

You also need some warhounds. They are essential to keeping your frenzied units in check and shielding them from harm. Spawn would also help to deal with skirmishers hiding in woods or fliers that get behind your lines to prevent you from marching. I prefer Scyla over regular spawn because he can hold up units through challenges far longer then your average spawn, and is quite a bit faster as well. But, he costs as much as two unmarked spawn. Spawn are rather cheap to make yourself, with a bunch of chaosy bits and a ball of greenstuff.

LION
25-04-2009, 08:31
;)I would go with the Exalted Champ of Tzeentch on a Disc with a 3+ ward vs shooting and a nice Big Sword LION