PDA

View Full Version : 2250 VC count first army

valtrius
25-04-2009, 03:01
okay i have been out of the game for a while(about 5 years) i wanna get back in and i really like the feel to the new vampire counts. here is my army i am thinking of running for all comers. the main goal is to wear my opponent down and funnel him into my killzone. i am going to be raising zombie speedbumbs. while i raise up my main blocks of skellies and ghouls by the time the enemy has hit my lines i should be at full strength and ready to rip em apart. tell me what you guys think.

vamp lord extra lvl, MasterOfTheBlackArts, DarkAacolyte, LordOfDdead, black peripapt, armour of night, helm of command pts:420
vampire DarkAcolyte, SummonGhoul, book of arkhan pts:180
vampire DarkAcolyte, Avatar of Death, sceptre de noirot :pts:175
vampire Dark acolyte, LordOfDead, 145
12 skeletons spears, war banner full command pts:153
12 skeletons spears, banner of the dead legion full command pts:153
15 ghouls ghast pts:128
19 crypt gaurd, double handed weps, full command royal baner of strigos: 312
4 wights, banshee pts:225
varghulf pts:175
corpse cart unholy lodestone pts:100
10 ghouls pts 80

now im thinking of dropping the 10 ghouls for possibly more skelies or another magic item for my characters or my wights. give me some feedback tell me what yall think.

valtrius
25-04-2009, 14:23
sorry bumping it

Stronginthearm
25-04-2009, 15:35
Looks pretty good if what you want is an extremely heavy magic phase and large summoned numbers, one thing i might suggest is either getting another lord of the dead or summon ghouls because at the beginign you units are going to be low in numbers and prone to heavy crumbling if they run into the wrong enemy so you might want to be able to make them bigger faster

riotknight
25-04-2009, 16:35
My experience is to stick to one type of core in sub 3k games. Either Skeletons or Ghouls, that way even with only one vamp with the appropriate Mastery can usually get them up to numbers combat worthy.

Also one of yoru vamps should be a BSB.

valtrius
25-04-2009, 22:21
okay i have made some suggestions to the list based on what you guys said. i am looking for complete dominance in the magic phase. im hoping on using army of the dead and a few times in the first phase allowing me to raise a few units of zombies, of the bat.

vamp lord extra lvl, MasterOfTheBlackArts, DarkAacolyte, skull staff, helm of command pts:445
vampire DarkAcolyte, LordofDead, book of arkhan pts:180
vampire DarkAcolyte, Avatar of Death, sceptre de noirot :pts:175
vampire Dark acolyte, LordOfDead,black peripapt 160
12 skeletons spears, war banner full command pts:153
12 skeletons spears, banner of the dead legion full command pts:153
12 skeletons sheild hand wep, full command pts:116
19 crypt gaurd, double handed weps, full command royal baner of strigos: 312
5 wights, banshee pts:275
varghulf pts:175
corpse cart unholy lodestone pts:100

Dark_Ritualz
27-04-2009, 13:54
re absolutly right at this point Riotknight

My experience is to stick to one type of core in sub 3k games. Either Skeletons or Ghouls, that way even with only one vamp with the appropriate Mastery can usually get them up to numbers combat worthy.

CanIplaywithmadness
27-04-2009, 17:55
yea turn one vamp into a BSB and if u can find the points for it the regen one in your grave guard wouldnt be too bad.or turn him ethereal and put him in your wraiths lol

shredshredxx
28-04-2009, 19:52

couldn't agree more.

it's better to pick one core choice, and spend the points you would've spent on core-buffing bloodline abilities on some other useful ability.

Kill-Freedom
28-04-2009, 20:34

Agreed, too many different units to summon, can serousily hinder you

Also ive found the balefire far more effective - 1 the enemies magic is better then raising 1 extra skellie, but really depends on what your fighting

1 other thing, dire wovles and fell bats, are good for march blocks and protecting your flanks, vargs are alright, but far more ecpensive