PDA

View Full Version : skaven 1200

metal midget
25-04-2009, 13:58
i was making a list for a tournament coming up in june the points limit was 1200 here it is

plague priest 124
liber bubonics
warpstone token
flail

warlock engineer 110
w/blades
w/energy condenser
w/power accumilator
storm daemon

warlock engineer 135
w/blades
w/energy condenser
w/power accumilator
dispel scroll x2

20 clanrats 185
full command
ratling gun

20 clan rats 185
full command
ratling gun

20 slaves 40

20 slaves 40

4 jezzails 80

4 jezzails 80

25 plague monks 215
extra hand weapon
standard
musician

pd 7 dd5 +2 scrolls
US 124

what do you think the heavy magic may be an issue but it will help in games against vampires and the such.

MM

Foegnasher
25-04-2009, 14:43
you are going to be tough to beat, i'd lose the ratlinguns, and take plague censer bearers. you got jezzails and warplightning for big nasties.

all those Dispel dice will be tough to top, although, i dont know how many power dice people in your area run.

with extra points, buy musicians for your slaves. in lower point games, you will need them to stick around.

metal midget
25-04-2009, 16:31
i don't know how much power dice is going to be used against me so i went quite high on dispel.

moose
25-04-2009, 19:41
Plague Priest - I like but generally think he's best saving points and just giving him a plague censer bearer. Counts as a flail too so at 4S6 attacks and T5, and everyone in base to base taking toughness tests -he's awesome for 86pts.

Warlocks - good!

Clanrats - looks good for a 1200pt battle

Slaves - good unit size

Jezzails - i'd merge them into one unit of 8 as with 4 you might struggle to knock ranks off. Plus the enemy would only need to kill 1 to panic the unit with 4.

Plague monks - awesome. with the 34pts you've saved on the priest i'd either;
a) Umbranner against shooty armies
b) Banner of burning hatred against anyone else, especially since they don't have extra hand weapons!

Aside from those minor points, great looking list :).
In 1200pts you've got more than enough magic defense for a tournament :).

Moose.

Aurellis
25-04-2009, 19:55
Plague Priest - I like but generally think he's best saving points and just giving him a plague censer bearer. Counts as a flail too so at 4S6 attacks and T5, and everyone in base to base taking toughness tests -he's awesome for 86pts.

Warlocks - good!

Clanrats - looks good for a 1200pt battle

Slaves - good unit size

Jezzails - i'd merge them into one unit of 8 as with 4 you might struggle to knock ranks off. Plus the enemy would only need to kill 1 to panic the unit with 4.

Plague monks - awesome. with the 34pts you've saved on the priest i'd either;
a) Umbranner against shooty armies
b) Banner of burning hatred against anyone else, especially since they don't have extra hand weapons!

Aside from those minor points, great looking list :).
In 1200pts you've got more than enough magic defense for a tournament :).

Moose.

Moose's advice is great, I don't think you'll be able to find any better advice or anyone better for Skaven advice.

metal midget
25-04-2009, 20:05
sorry they do have extra hand weapons forgot to post it with the priest won't he not be killing off his own men with the censer though.

i was going to place him in the plague monk unit

moose
25-04-2009, 20:11
He'll only wound them on a roll of a 6 as they are pestillens models - pg32. So unless you're really unlucky you should be fine. YOUR models will only take the test when in combat so all is good too.

I'd risk it for a biscuit ;).

Moose.

metal midget
25-04-2009, 20:14
cool thanks