PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Stegadon List

rhoxie
25-04-2009, 14:27
OK, I'm starting to put together a Stegadon list and wanted to get some feedback on the two lists I've come up with.

List 1:
Skink Chief w/Stegadon War Spear, LA, Shield - Ancient Stegadon
Skink Chief (BSB) w/Huanchi's Blessing, LA, Shield, Javelin - Stegadon
Skink Priest (Lvl 2) w/Staff of the Lost Sun, Talisman of Protection - Ancient Stegadon
Skink Priest (Lvl 2) w/Rod of the Storm, Dispell Scroll
Skink Skirmishers 10 w/Brave x3
Stegadon x2
Salamanders x3

Total = 2249

List 2:
Skink Chief w/Stegadon War Spear, LA, Shield - Ancient Stegadon
Skink Priest (Lvl 2) w/Venom of the Firefly Frog - Ancient Stegadon
Skink Priest (Lvl 2) w/Rod of the Storm, Dispell Scroll
Skink Priest (Lvl 2) w/Staff of the Lost Sun, Talisman of Protection
Skink Skirmishers x10 w/Brave x3
Stegadon x3
Salamanders x3

Total = 2242

Obviously, these are both heavy hitting terror-causing lists. However, the second one has a little more magic. The Skirmishers/Salamanders protect the flanks, capture quarters, go after war machines, etc.

The final idea I had was to drop the Salamanders to add Terradons and a fourth unit of Skinks. I'm not sure if this would be much more effective, but would allow me to hit warmachines and get behind the enemy quicker.

Please let me know any thoughts or ideas you may have.

Thanks

metal midget
25-04-2009, 14:29
i'd recomend razordon instead of salamanders

Eulogy2
25-04-2009, 16:26
while it might be fun to play, after a few games your gonna have a hard time getting people to play you.

the razordons vs sallies debate is kinda pointless. it really depends on the army your are facing. "most" of the time sallies will be slightly better, the auto matic panic test does wonders against alot of armies, specially goblins/scaven or any low leadership horde army. against ogres though, razordons do a little better.

rhoxie
25-04-2009, 22:49
Finding an opponent won't be a problem. The people around here are pretty easy going on lists. Plus, Stegadons are not unbeatable. A couple of cannons could ruin my day. I'm working on this for an escalation league that will end in a RTT. I might also play it at the Alamo GT later this year (not sure yet).

I chose the Salamanders because of the auto panic and -3 save, which I think may be a little more useful. They're also already painted:)

Does anyone have a preference on the lists? I like the heavier magic one a little better, but there are several Dwarves in the league and that may make magic hard to get off. I also think the BSB may give me a better chance if I need to make a save.

Thanks

Spirit
25-04-2009, 23:50
Finding an opponent won't be a problem. The people around here are pretty easy going on lists. Plus, Stegadons are not unbeatable. A couple of cannons could ruin my day. I'm working on this for an escalation league that will end in a RTT. I might also play it at the Alamo GT later this year (not sure yet).

You can say that till the cows come home, but i also believe people will play you a couple of times then get bored of not being able to kill them.

Cannons:
1 - guess right,
2 - dont misfire,
3 - dont misfire (bounce),
4 - Actually hit the stegadon not the crew,
5 - wound (easy but still another step),
6 - Fail your portent of warding save,
7 - Roll more than 2 wounds.

There are way to many steps involved for cannons to be that threatening to a stegadon army, they will kill one at best.

Salamanders >>> Razordons every time.

Spirit
25-04-2009, 23:51
Oh, lose the 3 braves in the skink units, they are pointless, buy 3 extra crew instead on the salamanders.