PDA

View Full Version : I've got my hands on the Valkyrie ...

Kaenei
26-04-2009, 15:30
Went in to my local GW on saturday and came out with the new codex and three of the Valkyries.

It's a solid kit that looks a little deceivingly small when you first open the lid and get that whiff of fresh plastic (Mmm). The internal weapons poking out through the port and starboard doors are a very nice homage to the Vietnam-era gunships. All-in-all I'm no less convinced that it's a fantastic model and I'm still committed to building an Imperial Guard Force entirely around it.

warchild9
26-04-2009, 15:33
you forgot to mention that the glass for the cockpit has separate armor frames so no paint on the clear plastic

DarthFreder
26-04-2009, 15:43
So whatīs the news?

Imperius
26-04-2009, 16:21
How can you have it already? They arrive on May 2nd!

burni
26-04-2009, 16:42
I'm a little put off by the size and the height of the flying base. Great model just not convinced I'll be using one.

Snotteef
26-04-2009, 17:06
Those darn bases break like crazy anyways. I'll be making my own (probably out of steel... large nails can work well). Let us know how hard/easy it is to assemble and how much gap filling we'll have to do! Thanks.

TheDarkDuke
26-04-2009, 17:07

Busted!

Why start this post and tell us nothing?

Kaenei
26-04-2009, 17:28

For am I not a benevolent and merciful god? Feast your eyes upon this bounty and know my words are as true as my aim!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/P1010361.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/P1010363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/P1010364.jpg

And for those nay-sayers who call my honour into doubt ... Poo-poo to you my good sirs! For I have PROVEN it!

Kaenei
26-04-2009, 17:29
Well, I thought I had proven it, but I'm waiting on moderation approval for the proof ...

Imperius
26-04-2009, 17:57
You don't need approval to take pictures of models. Look at IG the IG Rumour round-up for gods sake. Even if they aren't realeased yet you are still allowed to post picutres

Kaenei
26-04-2009, 19:09
Uh, I -DID- try to post pictures. I got a "Your post is awaiting moderation ..." and since I can post normally, like this reply, I assume some sort of permission is needed.

RichBlake
26-04-2009, 19:13
you forgot to mention that the glass for the cockpit has separate armor frames so no paint on the clear plastic

Actually there is a small piece on the plastic that you need to paint the same colour as the cockpit frames.

Mines been painted and sitting on my kitchen table (read: workshop table) for the last 3 days :p

Advanced Order FTW

Those darn bases break like crazy anyways. I'll be making my own (probably out of steel... large nails can work well). Let us know how hard/easy it is to assemble and how much gap filling we'll have to do! Thanks.

Actually the Valkyrie flight base is bloody sturdy, the only way I see that snapping is if you drop it.

When I can find my camera i'll have pictures in my project log, in case anyone cares :p

EDIT: OK found my camera pics in project log for anyone who's interested.

RichBlake
26-04-2009, 19:40
Linky-linko??

It's in my Sig, click on "Project Log" in blue.

EDIT: Just in case: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3469733&posted=1#post3469733

kendaop
26-04-2009, 20:30
Does anyone know if independent retailers get their advance orders early too? I ordered 3 from my FLGS and I can't wait for it!

silentsmoke
26-04-2009, 20:31
I got my Inperial Guard codex yesterday from my local GW - advance order it and take a copy home with you, so thats what I did. Almost picked up a Valkyrie, but I can wait for a bit..

boogle
26-04-2009, 20:48
Kaenei has sent me his links and asked me to post them for him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/P1010363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/P1010361.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/P1010364.jpg

Kaenei
26-04-2009, 20:57
Those shortened links don't work. What a colossal fuss this is turning out to be just to post a couple of photos!

Imperius
26-04-2009, 21:15
So advanced order have already arrived! OMG I MUST GET TO THE STORE!!!!!!!!

Well I did pre-order a Valkyrie, I signed a piece of paper about a month ago but I havent got any notice by phone or email.

TheDarkDuke
26-04-2009, 23:00
Mines been painted and sitting on my kitchen table (read: workshop table) for the last 3 days :p

Advanced Order FTW

I think the point of not believing was that he "strolled into the store and simply purchased the codex and 3 valks, that at the time were not released for another 7 days" as instead of "I went down to my local store and got my advanced ordered codex and 3 valks". Also the "flimsy" stand which is anything but.

Warpcrafter
26-04-2009, 23:33
I just would appreciate confirmation either way that the three twin-linked lascannons for the Vendetta version are in the same box. That would be just a vicious addition to the guard. Thanks much.

Imperius
26-04-2009, 23:34
I think the point of not believing was that he "strolled into the store and simply purchased the codex and 3 valks, that at the time were not released for another 7 days" as instead of "I went down to my local store and got my advanced ordered codex and 3 valks". Also the "flimsy" stand which is anything but.

yes, BUT HAVE PRE-ORDERS ARRIVED! To put it bluntly ofcourse.

RichBlake
27-04-2009, 00:01
So advanced order have already arrived! OMG I MUST GET TO THE STORE!!!!!!!!

Well I did pre-order a Valkyrie, I signed a piece of paper about a month ago but I havent got any notice by phone or email.

Yeah I advanced ordered off the net. If you order in the store you can get in on the 2nd of May sorry!

Ah well, I have it along with proof, so anyone who's interested in seeing photos can do! :p

CplHicks
27-04-2009, 00:19
I saw the Valk at a GW store on thursday. The thing is bloody awesome. Iīll be getting at least one and I donīt even play guard. And it is anything but small. The flight base seems to be indeed healthily sturdy. The guy albeit said no Vendetta parts.

shabbadoo
27-04-2009, 01:05
More of a project thread topic, but of course that precludes there being some sort of project going on. "Look what I got!" is not the best of general discussion thread topics.

Kaenei
27-04-2009, 12:50
Well, that's exactly what I did. I strolled into my local GW bought three and the codexhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/?action=view&current=P1010363.jpg

The site just doesn't want to seem to cooperate in showing you the proof.

If you copy and paste that link there, you'll see that in fact I can stand by my word.

RichBlake
27-04-2009, 13:06
To be fair you could have pre-ordered those...

I think people are finding it hard to believe GW would be selling stuff before their release dates...

Kaenei
27-04-2009, 13:41
To be fair, there comes a point when calling a spade anything other than a spade gets silly. I've never heard of anyone getting an advanced order over a week before the official release date.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/P1010364.jpg

utrotaren
27-04-2009, 13:57
well I just bought the Imperial Guard Codex 5:th edition and a Valkyrie from an indi-shop here i sweden. I was realy supriced that they hade all the new stuff for sale 5+ days before releas.

greenbull
27-04-2009, 15:23
If the twin-linkded lascannons aren't in the box, what can you do to construct the vendetta? I searched ForgeWolrd and couldn't find them there...
What where they thinking not to include these weapons on the sprue??

Kaenei
27-04-2009, 15:29
Okay gents - I just had a look through the box and there are two lascannons supplied on the sprue. The instructions call for you to choose one (One has a scope/targeter above it, the other is just the muzzle) to install.

Koryphaus
27-04-2009, 15:35
If the twin-linkded lascannons aren't in the box, what can you do to construct the vendetta? I searched ForgeWolrd and couldn't find them there...

Well, you could always convert. Or, wait for them to release a Vendetta kit/sprue.

Cane
27-04-2009, 15:37

There were pics and news about a Forgeworld kit to make the Vendetta variant.

When I read these news, I promptly said, "$#% THAT!" as I'm just going to put extra lascannon bitz on magnets instead.

Havarel
27-04-2009, 15:42
Yeah, for my conversion I'm gonna use a couple of spare LR sponsons from the old LRC kit. FW will apparently have a conversion kit out, but no idea when.

Durath
27-04-2009, 16:08

Advanced Order FTW

Yep, GW supercede's their street date with Advanced Orders.

After being forced to wait until midnight to pick up Apoc Reload due to street date contract obligations, and finding out everyone else in the world had it for 4 days prior, I've stopped doing business with a local retailer.

utrotaren
27-04-2009, 17:42
there is only one Las-cannon the other one is a multilaser. To bad that you only get 2 missiles cause the look nice as manticor missile.