PDA

View Full Version : Considering starting, what army should i get?

immortal99
20-12-2005, 08:47
I am planning on starting warhammer, I have decided on a few armies which i like the look of most. Which should i go with?

Captain Ardias
20-12-2005, 08:56
I love hordes of chaos, they have endless possibilities, but ogres are hilarious to play with, especially when you see the look on you opponents face when he realize just how man big 3W fellas you have.

lorelorn
20-12-2005, 09:00
Ogres probably are a good starting army. They are fun to play with, and many of the units can be used by other armies as Dogs of War, so if you do switch armies, you can take a lot of your ogres with you.

Flypaper
20-12-2005, 09:22
Lizzies. Powerful, versatile, you get to try out virtually every kind of unit, and with the battalion out they are now officially the cheapest (financially!) way to build a competitive force. Take that Hordes! ;)

Quetzl
20-12-2005, 09:33
Well I'm going to say Lizardmen, just because they are a pretty easy army to use and can stand up to quite a bit.

However, like all of these threads, you should just go fro what you like and worry about how it plays later. Its better to have an army you love to build and paint and pledge your money to BUY, rather than get it because it plays the best.

But it depends on your situation, if your going to Tournaments then yeah worry about how it plays... XD

Rikkjourd
20-12-2005, 09:45
First priority: You _must_ like the army in fluff/model terms, otherwise it will never be fun to play even if you have the exact win percentage you always dreamed about =)

Also, if you are new to the game, make sure you have fun and don't get too competetive in your early games. It will ruin it for the ones who are "slow" in the start (i.e. don't get the rules very quickly, don't understand units strengths/weaknesses at first etc). I know this happened when we started out, all of us had decent win/lose statistics except one guy who lost like 90% of the battles, guess who didn't like the game?

EDIT: I voted Lizardmen for two reasons: The battalion is really good for starting out. They can include most types of units/characters.

immortal99
20-12-2005, 09:56
I like all the models availiable for these armies but I want a reasonably competetive playing force. At the moment I think it is lizardmen for me because they have always drwan me to them.

StugMeister
20-12-2005, 10:38
Ogre Kingdoms I reckon. A small army that hits like a tonne of bricks. Not too many tactics involved but they don't take that long to collect and paint.

immortal99
20-12-2005, 10:45
Changed my mind, The idea of an army of nothing but demons really appeals to me either Tzeentch, Khorne or Nurgle.