PDA

View Full Version : What daemons to 1250 pts?

Tonnikala
26-04-2009, 17:04
Hey.

In finland, there is going to be tournament for tree-man-teams, one with 2000-2500, one with 1500 and one with 1250. I'm the poor loser with 1250. So, what is smart to took, for demons, in small, tournament games with 1250 pts?

ROCKY
26-04-2009, 17:42
bloodletters with a jugger riding hero, herald of tzeenthc in a block of horrors, dogs and flamers :)

Tonnikala
26-04-2009, 20:53
yes..I should have warned you about that I have not Khorne models in my army. I have thought of different lists, but Now I got a special rules:

-Only two(2) wizards
-Only two(2) flying units
-Only three (3) chariots
-Not two same special choises ( for Helf, not three)
-Rare units cant cost more than 194pts.

So. I thought of using one flying tzeentch herald, and one on foot, two 16-man blocks of horrors and 5 screamers, 5 nurgling bases and 5 flamers.
For heralds, I think of flying BSB with -2 LD-flag and for the one on foot Master of sorcery and Flames of T. Any other suggestions?

Kalec
26-04-2009, 21:13
A unit of flamers, a unit of flesh hounds, a unit of seekers with the siren standard, a khorne herald on a juggernaught, and some furies.

ROCKY
27-04-2009, 07:42
A unit of flamers, a unit of flesh hounds, a unit of seekers with the siren standard, a khorne herald on a juggernaught, and some furies.

I agree. also consider giving the herald of tzeentch MOS and the flamer ability so u have a total of 6D6 S4 FLAMING attacks. it hurts... in a good way

Tonnikala
27-04-2009, 13:19
OUCH.

Well, now I had this idea:

Herald of big T
-MOS, FOT, disc(?)

Herald of big T
-SB, BSB (?)

2x16 horrors

5x screamers
5x hounds

5x flamers.

So, in this list, I have two scoring units (horrors) MAYBE two flying units and two mages. Two mages in such small game can be devastating, I 4+ war-horrors may survive.

ROCKY
27-04-2009, 14:57
OUCH.

Well, now I had this idea:

Herald of big T
-MOS, FOT, disc(?)

Herald of big T
-SB, BSB (?)

2x16 horrors

5x screamers
5x hounds

5x flamers.

So, in this list, I have two scoring units (horrors) MAYBE two flying units and two mages. Two mages in such small game can be devastating, I 4+ war-horrors may survive.

your horrors wont survive long without the heralds in the unit. i would suggest keeping them there one with fot, and mos. the other wings and power vortex, and buff up horrors to 19 each. this gives u a total of 11 powerdice. plus loads of shootings and dogs ^_^

Tonnikala
27-04-2009, 15:55
How Aboot:

Herald of big T
-MOS, FOT (not sure about FOT,)

Herald of T
-WH, PW

2x19 horrors

5 hounds

3 screamers

5 flamers

Briohmar
27-04-2009, 19:05
No tournament organizer would allow you two hearlds of Tzeentch and two units of horrors in a tourney where you are limited to two casters. You have 4. at 1000 points, I took two hearlds of Slaanesh, one as a Lvl 1, the other with Steed, BSB Icon of Despair and Etherblade, one unit of 11 Daemonettes, one unit of 12 Horrors with Banner of Sorcery, 5 Seekers with Siren Standard, 2 Fiends and 6 Furies. for the additional 250 you could throw in some Hounds. It woked fairly well, but my partner in the Tourney held back, and we didn't do well as a team.

Tonnikala
27-04-2009, 21:05
Yes, but in the tournament rules, there is point:
-maximum of Two casters, and if I'm not mistaken, it means only positions, not levels.

Briohmar
28-04-2009, 06:30
OK, but you still have 4 "casters" and 8 Levels. One Herald and 1 unit of Horrors would be acceptable. Two of each would not.

ROCKY
28-04-2009, 12:12
ummm yes it would. its perfectly legal because they are not characters. its the units special ability that allows them to act like casters. other than that they are WS3, S3, T3 troops. i dont care if he has 100 magic levels. he still only has two characters.

Tonnikala
28-04-2009, 12:18
ROcKY is right. The rules are in finnish languange, so translating it will be kinda difficult.

is the three sreamers-unit too weak or small?

tricker53
28-04-2009, 22:27
i would min-max the horror units, so that the herald gets the bulk of them for the ward boost, and possibly even a bolt of change. the other herald can fly and annoy stuff.

personally im not a fan of screamers. if you drop them youll be able to get more horrors and points for wings for the herald.

Jbasciani
28-04-2009, 22:45
Well dude, try with a block of horror, they provited you a magic dice, and is a hard unit to destroit ot, the fleshound are deadly but very high their cost, try with screamer, and of course flamer as rare opcion... use khorne or slaneesh to attack unit, in block of 10