PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dwarf list for an ETS Tourney

dingareth
26-04-2009, 19:32
Alright, as discussed in This (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195803) thread, I've just entered into a tournament at the beginning of June with a few restriction on army composition in an attempt to balance the game. So, after forgoing my Vamps, I decided to break out my old marching Dwarves, to see how well they'd do. So on to the list I guess:

295- Dwarf Lord
• Shield Bearers
• Runic Armor
o Rune of Resistance
o Rune of Stone
• Runic Talisman
o Master Rune of Spite
• Runic Axe
o Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
o Rune of Fury
o Rune of Fire

162- Thane
• Oathstone
• Runic Axe
o Master Rune of Swiftness
o Rune of Fury
o Rune of Cleaving
• Runic Armor
o Rune of Stone
• Shield

220- Thane
• Oathstone
• Battle Standard Bearer
• Runic Standard
o Strollaz’s Rune
o Rune of Battle
o Rune of Guarding

145- Runesmith
• Runic Talisman
o Master Rune of Balance
o Rune of Spell Breaking

279- Longbeards- With Lord and Runesmith
• 17 Longbeards
o Shields
o Full Command
• Master Rune of Grungni

327- Iron Breakers- With Thane
• 19 Ironbreakers
o Full Command
• Rune of Battle
• Rune of Stoicism

322- Iron Breakers- With BSB
• 19 Ironbreakers
o Full Command
• Rune of Battle
• Rune of Determination

110- Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

110- Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

85- Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Engineer

90- Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Rune of Burning
• Engineer

105- Grudge Thrower
• Rune of Reloading
• Engineer

What do y'all think? It's pretty straight froward, run forwards, drop the stones and try not to die, but in my experience, Iron Breakers have been pretty good at doing just that!

GuyLeCheval
26-04-2009, 20:00
Why don't you swap one ironbreaker unit to a hammerer unit?

10 stubborn will not fail and it provides some versitality in your army.

lcfr
26-04-2009, 20:16
[QUOTE=dingareth;3512805]Alright, as discussed in This (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195803) thread, I've just entered into a tournament at the beginning of June with a few restriction on army composition in an attempt to balance the game. So, after forgoing my Vamps, I decided to break out my old marching Dwarves, to see how well they'd do. So on to the list I guess:

295- Dwarf Lord
• Shield Bearers
• Runic Armor
o Rune of Resistance
o Rune of Stone
• Runic Talisman
o Master Rune of Spite
• Runic Axe
o Rune of Fury
o Rune of Fire

You need to purchase a great weapon for the MRKragg to have any effect; it does not turn a hand weapon into a magical gw. A 1+ re-rollable should get you by fine, lose the MRSpite for a MRChallenge (or an extra BT) to help include your lord in combat.

220- Thane
• Oathstone
• Battle Standard Bearer
• Runic Standard
o Strollaz’s Rune
o Rune of Battle
o Rune of Guarding

Personally I think runic bsbs are wastes...you have the VPs for a Thane BSB PLUS an extra 100vps for your BSB that can be robbed from you very easily; the BSB's great for the re-rollable break tests, it's hard to justify blowing upwards of 100 additional pts on iffy runic upgrades. The Oath stone on this guy may not be a great idea; you already have another char w/one, and a char w/oathstone must be the only char in a unit...not a good way to keep your fragile bsb alive.

Ironbreakers are alright, but hammerers are better. Stubborn wins out over an increase in save.

110- Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

110- Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

they need shields!

85- Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Engineer

90- Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Rune of Burning
• Engineer

105- Grudge Thrower
• Rune of Reloading
• Engineer

Is your list meant to be balanced...or aggressive? The MRStrollaz is throwing me off, along with all the shooty. If you're going for aggressive, consider rangers/miners and ogre ironguts? Good luck!

Stuffburger
27-04-2009, 01:22
I've played about half my games against dwarves... My win ratio went down a good 15% when he discovered hammerers. Ironbreakers can be flanked, outnumbered or gotten lucky kills against but hammerers are difficult to move under any circumstances.

King Vyper
27-04-2009, 01:32
BSB's Can Not Have Oath Stones

fishound7
27-04-2009, 05:44
On the bsb's unit of IB's I'd replace robattle for rostoicism for protection against fear causers as that unit will auto break probably if it loses combat. Since semi-low model count in that unit.

dingareth
27-04-2009, 19:18
BSB's Can Not Have Oath Stones

...Yes they can.

Anyways, on the subject of Hammerers, I was on the fence, as I have 25 of them, but I figure I'll try out a couple of games with them. Also, the Quarrelers are just there to fill out the core slots and hopefully take down annoying flankers like wolves, while the Bolt Throwers and Grudge Thrower take down big threats that could be a danger to the Infantry blocks.

I've re-jigged the list a little bit, fixed the Great Weapon thing, and dropped an Oathstone on the BSB so that he can join the same unit as the Runesmith.

For Deployment, the Longbeards, BSB, and Runesmith go in the middle with the Lord/Hammerers and Thane/Iron Breakers go on their flanks. They move on up with Strollaz to hopefully get into an advantageous position.

Dwarf Lord
• Shield Bearers
• Runic Armor
o Rune of Resistance
o Rune of Stone
• Runic Talisman
o Master Rune of Spite
• Runic Great Weapon
o Rune of Fury
o Rune of Fire

Thane
• Oathstone
• Runic Axe
o Master Rune of Swiftness
o Rune of Fury
o Rune of Cleaving
• Runic Armor
o Rune of Stone
• Shield

Thane
• Battle Standard Bearer
• Runic Standard
o Strollaz’s Rune
o Rune of Battle
o Master Rune of Grungni

Runesmith
• Runic Talisman
o Master Rune of Balance
o Rune of Spell Breaking
• Shield

Longbeards- With BSB and Runesmith
• 18 Longbeards
o Shields
o Full Command
• Rune of Courage
• Rune of Sanctuary

Iron Breakers- With Thane
• 19 Ironbreakers
o Full Command
• Rune of Battle
• Rune of Stoicism

18 Hammerers- With Lord
• Shields
• Full Command
o Rune of Battle
o Rune of Sanctuary

Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

Quarrelers
• 10 Quarrelers

Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Engineer

Bolt Thrower
• Rune of Penetration
• Rune of Burning
• Engineer

Grudge Thrower
• Rune of Reloading
• Engineer

Alright, I think I like this better, I'll try it out next week to make sure.

happy_doctor
28-04-2009, 10:29
Might I suggest giving your quarellers either shields or great weapons? I'm a big fan of the latter, as they turn your missile troops into a capable combat unit that can deal with fast cavalry, flyers and skirmishers on its own, effectively protecting the warmachines, if need be.

As you're spending so many points on combat units, it's imperative that they see combat as soon as possible. The rune of Strollaz is a good start, but I'd suggest going for the Master Rune of Challenge as well. This way, you can draw out an expensive enemy unit early on and make sure you get some points back. If the unit (or monster) is important to your enemy's plan, then he'll be forced to advance his auxilliaries to meet you in hand to hand (something you've been wanting from the start).

Be sure to play the denied flank strategy whenever you can, as you essentialyl have 3 units plus warmachines. Most enemy armies will outnumber you, so you need to nullify this somehow.

perrin23860
28-04-2009, 13:41
i would second the notion of upgrading the quarrelers with shields or great weapons. i personally like shields, but both are great.

the master rune of challenge could work, but depends on whether you engage an army that is immune to psych or not. looking at the list of participants so far, there is a sizable amount of armies not immune to psych, so this could indeed be a rather good investment...

but you do know, that brettonia will run right over you, right??? ;)

dingareth
29-04-2009, 00:17
I know about the Shield on the Quarrelers, I just really can't find the points for them at 2250. This is a cut down version of my 2500 list, so I'm having trouble with that.

And as for Bretonians... I know. Usually if I can limit it to one Lance per unit I'm alright and can last for the first turn, but if they get 2 into each unit, then I'm done for. I've been tabled in 2 turns by a very good Bret player before using a similar list. The only plus was that I took out 7 Grail Knight on the first turn with the Bolt Throwers and Grudge Thrower.

perrin23860
29-04-2009, 00:44
I've been tabled in 2 turns by a very good Bret player before using a similar list. The only plus was that I took out 7 Grail Knight on the first turn with the Bolt Throwers and Grudge Thrower.

uuuuhhhh yeah, that was me.... the more i think about it, the challenge rune looks better and better. looking at the list of contenders, i'd give it a go.

dingareth
29-04-2009, 03:38
Wow, I feel dumb then. You've got too many names on all these different forums! I'm not sure where I would put Challenge though, maybe on the Runesmith instead of Balance? It doesn't seem like many people would be going magic heavy, so I'd still have 5 DD and a Scroll.