Chaos Knights
2 groups of 5
Lances
Full command
X2
Total=550 GRAND TOTAL:2247:)

Stuffburger
26-04-2009, 22:18
I fear chaos warriors more when they have shields and a mark of some sort, but I don't play them so I'm not a good judge. I'd run the horsemen more naked so you can throw them away if needed maybe axe the light armor and command.

Also the MoK on the horsemen will force them to charge the first thing they can. Not good with a 16" move unit that can be easily redirected.

An awful lot of points are tied up in those knights. I'd throw away one unit and buy a big block of marauders, and some warhounds to bulk up the army a bit and provide some screening ability.

Dai-Mongar
27-04-2009, 00:33
Well, you've got one too many characters there. You only get a total of four at 2000+ points, one of which can be a Lord (a bit confusing as it's given in the book, I'll admit).
So, lose an Exalted Champion to start with. I'd also rework the horsemen, most people will run fast cavalry without full command but with a musician. I'd lose the mark of Khorne as well - you would be better off to give MoK to the knights. Speaking of the knights, you may not need to give them a champion.
Chaos warriors benefit from having shields as opposed to extra HWs, it just makes them that much more durable. If you want to get the extra attack, consider the Mark of Khorne.
So what can you add? I agree with Stuffburger, you may not need two knight units. Marauders are great value for points, you can get a big unit of 25 with shields and light armour with full command for less than 200 points. Warhounds are similarly cheap and effective. As far as characters go, I'd put one of your fighty characters on a horse or daemon mount to join the knights, and at least one of your sorcerers should carry a dispel scroll or two.
Well, that's my input. Good luck with the games!

djkest
27-04-2009, 02:41
Alright it may be a bit noobish but here we go:
SPECIAL
Chaos Knights
2 groups of 5
Lances
Full command
X2
Total=550 GRAND TOTAL:2247

Well now- I would run these knights with Ensorcelled weapons, not lances. Consider running them just with a musician. That comes to 210 points (Or 420 points total).

With the stuff you saved, plus cutting 1 character, you could add 20 Marauders with a full command and whatever mark/weapons you want. It's hard to go wrong, they are great for the points.

On your LORD, I would nix the additional hand weapon. You have a magic sword and magic shield, those should be fine, you don't need another hand weapon that you won't be using anyway.

The chaos warriors- better with halberds than additional hand weapons. Easier to wound, more armor save modifier.... or run them with shields and they become very tough to kill.

If you have 15 points, stick the "enchanted shield" on one of your sorcerors. It's cheap and it works great.

popisdead
29-04-2009, 21:01
you have nothing to protect your flanks. seems suspicious.

Chaos Puppy
05-05-2009, 23:49
Ok, I have taken a second crack at my WoC, I have plenty of free points and I am wondering how to use them; I am thinking another group of chaos warriors:
Chaos lord:
juggernaut?
Shield
Mok
Axe of khorne
Collar of khorne
=355

Chaos sorcerer
lv 2
MoT
Power familiar
=175

Chaos sorcerer
Ideas?
Exalted hero
ideas?

Chaos warriors
12 warriors
halberds
shields
champion
Musician
=234

Chaos warriors
12 warriors
Halberds
shields
exalted hero
muscian
=222

Chaos war hounds
30pts

warhounds
30pts

Marauder horseman
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Marauder horseman
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Chaos Knights
en-scrolled weapons.
MoK
Musician
=271

Chaos knights
En-scrolled weapons
MoK
Chaos lord
Musician
=271
Rare

chaos spawns
MoK
=75

Chaos spawn
MoK
=75
Total=1836
A ton of free points I am wondering what to do with them.

Isabel
06-05-2009, 02:59
This list is looking much better. I would suggest two big blocks of marauders with hand weps, LA and shields to fill out the extra points. As great as warriors are, the static CR of marauders will help big time, then just assist with the warriors ;)

I've always loved the horsemen with flails and MoK, I once took out a giant with 5 of them on turn two. But unfortunatly, they are not an all around usefull unit when tooled this way. There are so many army lists out there that can handle them easily, most opponents will always bring some form of baiters. You have to be way to careful with them to prevent a charge you didnt want. I use them with just flails, music and MoS and I get an amazing amount of use out of them every game, against any opponent. They are perfect for setting your knights up with a flank charge.

Looks good though.

Good luck with it

Chaos Puppy
09-05-2009, 01:33
Chaos sorcerer
lv 2
MoT
Power familiar
=175

Chaos sorcerer
Ideas?
Exalted hero
ideas?

Marauders
5 rows of 4
Light armor
Hand weapons
shields
Musician
Chieftain
total=132

Marauders
5 rows of 4
Light armor
Hand weapons
shields
Musician
Chieftain
total=132

Chaos warriors
12 warriors
halberds
shields
champion
Musician
=234

Chaos warriors
12 warriors
Halberds
shields
exalted hero
muscian
=222

Chaos war hounds
30pts

warhounds
30pts

Marauder horseman
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Marauder horseman
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Chaos Knights
en-scrolled weapons.
MoK
Musician
=271

Chaos knights
En-scrolled weapons
MoK
Chaos lord
Musician
=271
Rare

chaos spawns
MoK
=75

Chaos spawn
MoK
=75
Total=2100
I still need ideas for my hero and sorcerer, if you guys could help it would be most appreciated!

Dexter099
10-05-2009, 20:44
With magic, it's go big or go home. So take 3 sorcerors, or just a scroll caddy.

I would say a Chaos Lord and a scroll caddy would do well for your characters, and then bulk out on other stuff.

Also, can you state the number of everything and make the list a little more readable please?

Chaos Puppy
12-05-2009, 11:25
Yeah sure, I am sorry for that I am a little new here.

Chaos sorcerer
lv 2
MoT
Power familiar
=175

Chaos sorcerer
Lv 2
dispel scroll
Chaos sorcerer
lv 2
dispel scroll

Marauders
5 rows of 4
Light armor
Hand weapons
shields
Musician
Chieftain
total=132

Marauders
5 rows of 4
Light armor
Hand weapons
shields
Musician
Chieftain
total=132

Chaos warriors
12 warriors 3 ranks
halberds
shields
champion
Musician
=234

Chaos warriors
12 warriors 3 ranks
Halberds
shields
exalted hero
muscian
=222

Chaos war hounds
1 row of 5
30pts

warhounds
1 row of 5

30pts

Marauder horseman
1 row of 5
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Marauder horseman
1 row of 5
MoK
flails
musician
=81

Chaos Knights
1 row of 5
en-scrolled weapons.
MoK
Musician
=271

Chaos knights
1 row of 5
En-scrolled weapons
MoK
Chaos lord
Musician
=271
Rare

chaos spawns
MoK
=75

Chaos spawn
MoK
=75
Total=2100

sipron
12-05-2009, 11:33
You need 5 models for rank bonus in 7th edition. 2x6 is to prefer on your warriors. Banners on your marauders and expand them to 25 might be a good idea (so they can take a few hits before loosing static combat resolution).

Donghands84
14-05-2009, 00:15
I would run the Knights of Chaos in units of six not five and the Ensorcelled Weapons are a lot better than lances... I would not give so many units the Mark of Khorne either because you do not have enough shielding units to protect them from being baited. Also, I am not a fan of spawns, but if you like them then that is fine. I usually run a lot more Knights of Chaos in my army. In 2250 I run either three units of six all with the Mark of Nurgle and musicians. one of them also having a banner because I give them the Banner of Rage. This unit with the Banner of Rage I usually do not put a character in because it should be more than enough to destroy a unit. Or I run four units of six with all Marks of Nurgle and musicians. I just feel the Knights of Chaos are the best unit WoC has and should be some what plentiful with magic protection/shooting protection of course.