PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt misty mountain list WOTR

fubukii
27-04-2009, 03:28
heres my list that i have been using for wotr, any input would be excellent.

4 Moria Prowler Warband @ 80 Pts
3 Moria Goblins - short bows @ 60 Pts
3 Moria Goblins - short bows @ 60 Pts
5 Warg Pack @ 100 Pts
5 Warg Pack @ 100 Pts
4 Giant Spider Brood @ 140 Pts
9 Gundabad Blackshields - Goblin Drum @ 255 Pts
9 Gundabad Blackshields - Goblin Drum @ 255 Pts
1 Dragon of Ancient Times - magic upgrade @ 475 Pts
- Drūzhag the Beastcaller @ 100 Pts (joins blackshield unit 1)
- DurBūrz, Goblin King of Moria @ 70 Pts (jons black shield unit 2)

Allies
- Khamul (joins black shield unit with +1 str fate) @ 125pts
- Knight of umbar (joins black shield unit 2) @ 125pts

fate - Sigil of fallen kings ( on blackshield unit)
Total Army Cost: 1995

general plans swarm with my army

Dragon and archers provide some ranged shooting. Dragon is cc muscle. Knight of umbar lets gobbos get high fs, and or strength. Khamul gets the other unit alive. With large amount of units most of which ignore terrain, should be able to get some flanks. :)

fubukii
28-04-2009, 05:55
no comments ^.^?

Sarah S
28-04-2009, 06:21
It certainly looks like an interesting list. Lots of throwaway formations, a couple of real hammers.

I bet it will be effective and fun to play and fun to face.

One thing I would be worried about is the lack of Heroes - particularly for At the Double! Now I realize that there's been a little bit of blowback against taking the bog standard unit Heroes in crappy formations, so you're probably well justified in not taking them, but I would prefer to have them myself - especially when losing Duels is going to be making you lose 20 point Goblins.

fubukii
28-04-2009, 06:36
true one thing i have considered is trying to fit in some captains for some at the double and extra might, they are just so expensive. (when compared to 20 pt companies!)

i guess if i drop 1 black shield company from each, and swap the spiders for more wargs it would spare some points for captains. i am concerned about the wargs though, if i give them a captain they will die fairly fast but may be worth it to give a captain to the prowlers, general tactic so far is to move the gobs up fast, and have nearby small flanking units come in for support the larger blocks.

with magic i can use wings of terror to have my blackshields move 13 inches, and at the double for 26 total inches. I have been playing this army likst my skaven so far move up in one giant line, then spring out and attack with over whelming numbers. with the mobility of the army (being able to move through terrain freely) i shouldnt get bottled necked by terrain.

Angelust
28-04-2009, 06:46
Or heroic move them up 39 inches...maybe to set up a rear-charge? I dunno...

Sarah S
28-04-2009, 06:55
Wings of Terror gives 12" movement, which doubles to 24" and triples to 36"... unless my rulebook and myself are both mistaken?

fubukii
28-04-2009, 07:45
Wings of Terror gives 12" movement, which doubles to 24" and triples to 36"... unless my rulebook and myself are both mistaken?

correct ups movement to 12 then +1 for having a goblin drummer :P

Sarah S
28-04-2009, 07:53
Oh yes. Very good.

Stupid me. :)

Angelust
28-04-2009, 07:53
Yah, can't forget the gobbo drummer...

Though M9 standard with pathfinder is not too shabby either...