PDA

View Full Version : 1250 skaven army list (tournament)

sumdain
27-04-2009, 05:07
cant decide what to use for my tournament list i have most every model to work with but here is my current set up.

plague priest -plague censer, general (in unit of plaguemonks)
eng - full kit (with clanrats)
eng - full kit + storm daemon (with clanrats)

30 clanrats (mus / standard) ratling gun attachment, spears, shields
30 clanrats (mus / standard) ratling gun attachment, spears, shields

30 plague monks (full command) extra hand weapons, hatred banner

10 plague censer bearers

total 1251

in review it seems really light for a horde army should i drop a unit of clanrats and add slaves? or lower the clanrats to 20 each and add 2 units of slaves?

Erie Ed
27-04-2009, 05:16
i would drop the clan rats to 25 and drop the spears, add 2 to 3 units of 21 slaves, remove the plague monks and censer bears, and run the wlc and some jezzales

sumdain
27-04-2009, 05:34
im not a huge fan of the WLC, atleast not in these low point games. i did edit the list a little to add the slaves so it looks like this now

plague priest -plague censer, general (in unit of plaguemonks)
eng - full kit (with clanrats)
eng - full kit + storm daemon (with clanrats)

25 clanrats (mus / standard) ratling gun attachment, shields

25 clanrats (mus / standard) ratling gun attachment, shields

21 slaves

21 slaves

6 night runners (to block the plague monks frenzy moves)

30 plague monks (full command) extra hand weapons, hatred banner

10 plague censer bearers

total 1250

im feel like in a game of this points cost the censer bearers will kill more than the WLC. the plague monks with the priest are going to be the center of my battle line with the censer bearers being my flank unit.

sumdain
29-04-2009, 04:52
didn't do so good on my last game with this list i admit i had some horrible rolls though. i played a HE army with a big block of blademasters / spearman / archers / bolt thrower / 2 mages / hero in blademaster unit. the censer bearers did no wounds on a flank charge against the swordmasters and were summarily butchered. warp lightning did its usual damage blowing away and unit or two, and the plague monks spent the game running even with LD 9 =/

i think ill try the list again or i may tweak it a bit more but im up for suggestions.