PDA

View Full Version : Combat vamps for Dutch GT

Gharof von Carstein
27-04-2009, 10:10
I decided to go a different route and go combat vamps for the dutch grand tournament coming up this june. point limit is 2200. and this is what i came up with. critique away plz! its appreciated!

Vampire Lord
-Red fury
-Beguile
-Avatar of Death handweapon/shield
-Dreadlance
-crown of the damned
-Abyssal Terror
-+magic level
=580p

Vampire
-infinite hatred
-walking death
-Flayed hauberk
-BSB
= 200p

Vampire
-Dark acolyte
-Book of arkhan
=185p

Necromancer
-extra spell (IoN/vanhels)
-black periapt
-power stone
-Corpse cart w/balefire
=195p

Ghouls x20
-Ghast
=168p

Ghouls x20
-Ghast
=168p

Ghouls x12
-Ghast
=104p

Black knights x 7
-bannerwearer
-Royal standard of strigoi
-barding
=247p

Varghulf
=175p

Varghulf
=175p

= 2197p

shredshredxx
27-04-2009, 18:06
honestly, i've found that the risk of stupidity is well worth the 4+ ward with the crown. i'd switch the wristbands for it. you have no idea how many cannonballs and crumbles i've avoided because of it.

Gharof von Carstein
27-04-2009, 18:49
iv been thinking about it ya. seeing as the lord will probably see combat a lot. ill make the necessary changes in a second

Nathangonmad
27-04-2009, 22:04
honestly, i've found that the risk of stupidity is well worth the 4+ ward with the crown. i'd switch the wristbands for it. you have no idea how many cannonballs and crumbles i've avoided because of it.

Comepletely agree.

Gharof von Carstein
01-05-2009, 22:42
tried the combat list and its just not for me. it performed well enough against a hard WoC list but still. i cant relate to the gameplay.

so i crawled back into my pen and came up with this:

Vampire Lord
-magic level
-forbidden lore
-master of the black arts
-summon ghouls
-flayed hauberk
-wristbands of black gold
-hellsteed
= 440p

Vampire
-Dread Knight
-BSB
-drakenhof banner
= 275p

Mannfred the acolyte
-barded nightmare
-book of arkhan
= 240p

Ghouls + Ghast x 15 = 128p
Ghouls + Ghast x 15 = 128p
Ghouls + Ghast x 14 = 120p
Ghouls + Ghast x 10 = 88p

Dire wolves + doom wolf x7 = 66p

Fell Bats x 4 = 80p

Blood knights x5
-bannerwearer
-royal standard of strigoi
= 330p

Blood knights x5
-bannerwearer
-hellfire banner
= 305p

total = 2200p

its caster heavy, it gives me the magic flexibility i want and still delivers with some punch. 2 units of blood knights give me a big hammer to throw at my opponent while still making sure my core is refilled and added to extremely fast. my plan is to keep the knights back as much as i can while walking up the ghouls. the 3 big blocks give me a solid core from the get go that can take a hit and keep on coming. ill probably raise a gigantic unit of zombies in the center when facing magic light opponents to tarpit even more while the hammer waits to be dropped. the forbidden lore assures me full acces to the lore of vampires. against WoC/wood elves/lizardmen and perhaps daemons being able to choose another lore will benefit me greatly (lore of beasts/fire/light) the crown of the damned is a risk but much more effective vs crumbling than the wristbands. im willing to chance it as my lord wont be in warmachine range ever while the fell bats go hunting for them.

this list combines a great many things and im pretty sure it will work out :)