PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for strong dwarf counters

Gonzoyola
28-04-2009, 04:36
Looking at a 3250 game with 2 lords, dwarf army including High King and the Anvil lord.

Looking for mostly Vampire count strats, but lookin to hear how any army would consider approaching a dwarf army that's going to be neutralizing multiple fliers and drilling an assortment of 5-6 artillery models

King Vyper
28-04-2009, 04:56
Looking at a 3250 game with 2 lords, dwarf army including High King and the Anvil lord.

Looking for mostly Vampire count strats, but lookin to hear how any army would consider approaching a dwarf army that's going to be neutralizing multiple fliers and drilling an assortment of 5-6 artillery models

That is such a odd points total for a gmae, What made you decided 3250?

LKHERO
28-04-2009, 04:58
1 thousand points above the standard 2250?

Gonzoyola
28-04-2009, 05:00
3250 was me being to lazy to cut 250 when my buddy could just throw in an extra couple machines to even it out

Aratus
28-04-2009, 05:24
Well since your going Vamps my first suggestion is if you bring magic against an Anvil, go big or dont bring any at all.

You will need Dance to avoid his units getting the extra movement from the anvil and if the unit with Thorgrim hits you in anyway, shape, or form say good bye to what he touches. With that being said do not get your characters near him. Should for what ever reason he gets engaged with a Vampire or, God forbid your lord, then his Str is modified to wound you on a 2+, no armor save, and d3 wounds. Well you can give enough defense to a Lord to stall that, but everything else will just crumble.

If he is smart his units will be runed up to be immune to fear/terror so engaging will be more difficult. As said before Dance will be your key for combo charging with Knights into the flank of units because you need to remove the Dwarfs abillity to win with CR.

You can keep your casters out of units in terrain safely because the Anvil cannot target single man-sized models on foot.

Is the Anvil guy Thorek? If so then your game will be slow and painful since he is doing Ancient Powers on a 3+ re-roll. If not then just engage him with some cheap flying unit to tie him up because he cannot strike the anvil in combat.

Gonzoyola
28-04-2009, 07:05
Yea its Thorek that he fields with the Anvil, making that thing painfully accurate, but your suggestion was with magic to go big, is that to suggest that I should just ditch the Zombie dragon and devote the rest of my resources to torqueing meat shields and heals?

Edit to clarify that my set up was 2x lord, one Count Mannfred for the convenience, and the other on zombuie dragon with a basic combat set up to try and get across the field.

I also do 2x vamp, one with helm of command/caster setup the other with a BSB (Drak) / Dread knight setup to run with Blood knights BotBK and a necro on an Unholy corpse cart