PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Ogres: best way to mark/equip?

Alex Under
28-04-2009, 08:33
I want to convert and paint some Ogres, so I’ll be going for them as my 4th special unit choice for sure. My army is mainly based on Nurgle marked infantry, chariots, a unit of knights, and fast cavalry with MoS. What should I do with my Ogres? I’m going for Chaos Armour for sure, but I’m not sure if I want to give them the MoK with Great Weapons, MoK with 2 hand weapons (5A each is very appealing…), or the same options but with MoN…

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Nicha11
28-04-2009, 08:37
Chaos armour, MOK, great weapons.

Now watch them chew their way through anything.

Eta
28-04-2009, 08:51
MoN together with great weapons and chaos armour is ok, too. Especially if you are going to face shooty armies.

Greetings
Eta

Alex Under
28-04-2009, 14:25
Thanx guys, I think MoK and great weapons is the best option, hope I don't have problems with baiting units due to frenzy...

Avian
28-04-2009, 14:37
I'll be running four with the Mark of Slaanesh, great weapons, possibly chaos armour (at 5 pts each I don't think it's compulsory), a standard bearer and musician.

Mark of Khorne is also quite nice, though a bit risky on M6.

EvC
28-04-2009, 15:53
I use Mark of Khorne, Great Weapons, plus a standard bearer. In an army so strapped for points I don't bother with Chaos Armour, although when you see them taking wounds from Huntsmen, Trappers and the like it does make you think "Maybe...". They've not done great so far- the number of times I've sent them into enemy units expecting 12 or 16 S6 attacks to cripple the enemy, only to do almost nothing and have them sent running is quite disheartening. 3 of them made it into combat with Cold One Knights with a hero- one dead Dark Elf Knight, they killed a whole Ogre in return and ran them down. Ouch. 4 of them charged a big unit of Black Knights with Vampire- I managed 3 whole wounds this time, and still lost combat (by musician, or Walking Death if my opponent had remembered it), only to be finished off next turn. Each time I really should have annihilated my opponents, but each time it's just been a 300VP gift to my enemies. I hope others have better luck with them!

Eta
28-04-2009, 17:05
I use Mark of Khorne, Great Weapons, plus a standard bearer. In an army so strapped for points I don't bother with Chaos Armour, although when you see them taking wounds from Huntsmen, Trappers and the like it does make you think "Maybe...". They've not done great so far- the number of times I've sent them into enemy units expecting 12 or 16 S6 attacks to cripple the enemy, only to do almost nothing and have them sent running is quite disheartening. 3 of them made it into combat with Cold One Knights with a hero- one dead Dark Elf Knight, they killed a whole Ogre in return and ran them down. Ouch. 4 of them charged a big unit of Black Knights with Vampire- I managed 3 whole wounds this time, and still lost combat (by musician, or Walking Death if my opponent had remembered it), only to be finished off next turn. Each time I really should have annihilated my opponents, but each time it's just been a 300VP gift to my enemies. I hope others have better luck with them!

My four khorne ogres with great weapons have done good jobs of disposing enemy heavy amoured troops. Best action was taking out 5 Blood Knights with the VC general with a flank charge. The general cumbled and so did most of my opponents units. Admittedly, I tend to roll very very good for my ogres.

Greetings
Eta

EvC
28-04-2009, 19:16
Lol, I think even I could manage to beat them with a flank charge (I did once manage to kill 4 Blood Knights with Vamp + Drakenhof Standard with a flank charge from 6 Chosen with 8 S6 attacks, helped that they were hitting on 3s I guess)! Nice one though, teach them Vamps a lesson :D