PDA

View Full Version : New Tyranid Codex soon?

mchmr6677
28-04-2009, 21:40
A comment in another thread got me to thinking. If a new tyranid codex is closer then we might think, who is likely going to be writing it?

Andy Chambers wrote the 3rd ed and (with Phil Kelly) the 4th ed codexes, but he is of course no longer with GW. Phil Kelly is said to be the guy in the studio for tyranids, but he is said to be writing the Dark Eldar codex.

So the question remains: Is Phil K going to be writing both or would GW tap someone else for the role and what might that mean to the direction of the army?

Vepr
28-04-2009, 21:50
Probably who ever is most willing to make changes that will require everyone to buy all new gaunts, gants and warriors etc. :p What is a spinefist and fleshborer? gants now use spine rifles and web guns... Scything talons? What are those? Hormagaunts use rending claws... Warriors can't use ranged they are cc only...

:D

kendaop
28-04-2009, 22:13
Hormogaunt veteran sergeants are going to be standard now. And one model in each squad can be upgraded to have balls that squirt acid.

Templar Ben
29-04-2009, 00:50
I presume that they will have 3+ saves and have a rapid fire weapon. :D

Deus Mechanicus
29-04-2009, 00:53
Whatever they do lets pray Genestealers remain troops or ATLEAST that gaunts will have new models (God the gaunt models are horrible)

mchmr6677
29-04-2009, 02:15
Glad no one has, as yet, commented on my actual question. :(

Raibaru
29-04-2009, 02:30
I actually like the gaunts. Maybe a bit more dynamic if they changed them, but overall I'd be happy if they left them as is.

Me personally, I hope they find a way to make Tyranid Warriors fit all FO slots, including troops.

I want an all Warrior army soooooooooooooooooooo bad.

And no, an all warrior army with 2 bases of rippers isn't close enough!

Templar Ben
29-04-2009, 02:33
Did you honestly expect an answer to that question?

What if the guy that we think is working on A (which we don't know is actually happening) is also the best guy to work on B, and B may be coming (but we don't know that is actually happening either) then how is he going to work on both? Instead will there be a different person that works on that and what will the design be like since we have no idea who that person is?

Come on, you have got to admit that is a terrible question to expect a serious answer to.

mchmr6677
29-04-2009, 03:57
Did you honestly expect an answer to that question?

What if the guy that we think is working on A (which we don't know is actually happening) is also the best guy to work on B, and B may be coming (but we don't know that is actually happening either) then how is he going to work on both? Instead will there be a different person that works on that and what will the design be like since we have no idea who that person is?

Come on, you have got to admit that is a terrible question to expect a serious answer to.

Fair enough.