PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warriors versus Vampire Counts

Griffery
29-04-2009, 02:09
So I started playing a couple of weeks ago. I already had some guys because I had thought they looked cool and bought them. Anyway, I have played several games with my friend who is in love with his Vampire Counts. I do not think that we have played a truly legitimate game yet but I would still like some tips becasue I have lost all of the games so far. I could easily kill his blood knights with Infernal Gateway but he would just revive them almost as easily. Any tips on how to stop all of his magic and how to get across the board faster with my army instead of just a couple units.

Witchblade
29-04-2009, 02:23
There's already a thread on this exact subject active in this tactics forum.

In short:
khorn = good
khornate knights = excellent
khornate knights screened by warhounds = rape
buboes on vamps = excellent
magic = good

Crusnik
29-04-2009, 02:26
Well I play vampires and the most effective strategies are to get your way to any unexposed heroes he has, and avoid getting caught up in large blocks of units because odds are if hes fielding his infantry correctly, the second you get charged by whatever rank and file block he uses, hes gonna have more flanks to stack CR, and will summon+danse a unit of zombies into your flan

all i can say is make sure your army is suited to do its best in Combat res and leadership, get something strong enough and fish an opening to a vampire or necro and take the best shot you can

Griffery
29-04-2009, 02:31
I am wondering what is so good about khornate warriors and knights. Couldn't you use the mark of Nurgle and the Banner of Rage. This would put them at -1 ws.

Marquis de Sade
29-04-2009, 02:44
Exactly right Griffey- C. Knights with MoN and the Banner of Rage are exactly the same as the MoK knights, but better!

The best deal for Blood knights is to use horsemen (MoS, musc) to lead them foward- then hammer that unit with your Frenzied knights. Hopefully on the side, if not, whatever....

Besides that- Pandeamonium+Infernal Puppet+ Black Tongue can be reeeeally devastating to a VC magic phase (esp. after he learns that a failed cast= dead general and any doubles= dead vampire)

sulla
29-04-2009, 07:27
Besides that- Pandeamonium+Infernal Puppet+ Black Tongue can be reeeeally devastating to a VC magic phase (esp. after he learns that a failed cast= dead general and any doubles= dead vampire)
You still have to be pretty lucky to kill the general with a miscast, but it can be just as useful to shut down a crucial VC magic phase.

ZombieMans
29-04-2009, 18:39
Yeah... that magic combo almost killed my general.

It is mean... VERY mean to take away your Lord's levels of wizard when he's the main caster of the army.

Pandemonium is awesome, and devestating.

wingedserpant
29-04-2009, 18:44
Yeah... that magic combo almost killed my general.

It is mean... VERY mean to take away your Lord's levels of wizard when he's the main caster of the army.

Pandemonium is awesome, and devestating.

Plus its alot more fun than infernal gateway for everyone.

Tae
29-04-2009, 18:56
Plus its alot more fun than infernal gateway for everyone.

Why not combine it and when he rolls his miscast use it to cast IG instead :) ?

EvC
29-04-2009, 19:12
Well I play vampires and the most effective strategies are to get your way to any unexposed heroes he has, and avoid getting caught up in large blocks of units because odds are if hes fielding his infantry correctly, the second you get charged by whatever rank and file block he uses, hes gonna have more flanks to stack CR, and will summon+danse a unit of zombies into your flan

If he does that, he has just used a lot of magic effort to simply make two units crumble to overwhelming CR caused by killing. I'd thank my opponent ;)

jax40kplyr1
30-04-2009, 14:31
The difference between Khorne and Nurgle knights in playing against VC ends up being playing against the static res. Sure Nurgle knights will be hard for him to hit, with basically everything but big nasties and vamps needing 5s to hit, but Khorne knights will put out 6 additional knight attacks and 5 from the horses. Just depends on what your shooting for. Personally, if I'm hitting zombies, I'd take khorne for the extra attacks. I'm I'm going after a vampire or blood knights, then nurgle. Basic VC infantry's WS and Str is low enough that they'll need 5s to hit and 5s to wound anyways.
Keep in mind too the equalizer when it comes to the Nurgle knights is if the VC player is throwing the Helm of Commandment around from his VC Lord.