PDA

View Full Version : Korhil's profile weapon listing

LKHERO
30-04-2009, 18:50
On his character description, it says he wields a Hand Weapon and Chayal.

In the back of the book, he only has Chayal listed under this equipment.

It does not say that Cayal is a Great Weapon and requires 2 hands any where in the book.. and it leads me to believe that Korhil wields both a Hand Weapon and Chayal?

Would this confer +1 attack because he has an extra hand weapon?

stripsteak
30-04-2009, 18:59
chayal is a magic weapon, you must use it and can't combine it with mundane weapons.

LKHERO
30-04-2009, 19:07
Looks like a minor error on GW's part.

He doesn't even have a mundane weapon in his profile!

nosferatu1001
30-04-2009, 19:23
LKHero - everyone is assumed to have a handweapon of some sort, regardelss of their entry.

Chicago Slim
01-05-2009, 19:56
True-- however, if a character carries a magic weapon, he must use it instead of (never in addition to) any other weapons he carries. Rare exceptions exist (Brettonians can charge with a non-magical lance, and then switch over to a magic sword-- I can't think of any other exceptions off the top of my head...)

Since Korhil doesn't explicitly over-ride this rule, he must fight exclusively with Chayal, unless Chayal is destroyed or becomes a non-magical weapon.

TheDarkDuke
02-05-2009, 00:05
True-- however, if a character carries a magic weapon, he must use it instead of (never in addition to) any other weapons he carries. Rare exceptions exist (Brettonians can charge with a non-magical lance, and then switch over to a magic sword-- I can't think of any other exceptions off the top of my head...)

Since Korhil doesn't explicitly over-ride this rule, he must fight exclusively with Chayal, unless Chayal is destroyed or becomes a non-magical weapon.

only other exception including the bret i can think of is the dark elf dagger of hotek which is asf and can be combined with a hand weapon for a additional attack. but korhils weapon doesnt state it can do that as far as i know

EvC
02-05-2009, 00:19
You can't even describe it as an extra hand weapon in the first place, if he doesn't have a first hand weapon!

PARTYCHICORITA
02-05-2009, 12:57
You are correct in that Chayal is not a Great weapon so if Korhil is mounted (lion chariot) he still gets +2S.

As others had say however you can't get +1A for aditional hand weapon unless the weapon states it (Like DE's dagger of Hotek).

Chiungalla
02-05-2009, 13:26
Since magic weapons are no hand weapons, you can't claim the additional attack for carrying two.

Griefbringer
02-05-2009, 15:26
You can't even describe it as an extra hand weapon in the first place, if he doesn't have a first hand weapon!

However, as previously stated, almost everyone and their mother comes with a single mundane hand weapon by default, unless otherwise stated.

(Only exception that I am aware of are the 6th edition orcs, whose rules explicitely stated that they do not get hand weapons.)

This can also provide a handy counter-attack against WYSIWYG extremists - after all, how many people have correctly modeled the hand weapons on their horses?

EvC
02-05-2009, 16:17
What's that got to do with the price of fish? Either way, he has a hand weapon, yes. It's still not an extra hand weapon.

Monsterzonk
02-05-2009, 16:28
But what if Chayal is treated as mundane by a spell/item (eg. Talisman of Saphery), does he then get the bonus attacks for two hand weapons?

EvC
03-05-2009, 13:22
Then it just becomes a weapon with no special rules, which isn't the same as a hand weapon, so no extra attack ;)