PDA

View Full Version : Help need to Tournament this list (Lizards 2000)

slasher
30-04-2009, 23:34
As said I'm playing a tournament list next week and need to juge my list..... its against a DE list.... its as follows, please help,:

Priest
Lvl 2
plaque of tepok
EotG ---- 405

Old Blood
light armour
Sheild
Carnasour
blade of Realites
tailsmen of protecton ---- 451

priest
lvl 2
diadem of power
dispell scroll ---- 150

2 x Salamanders --- 150

2 X Razadons ---- 150

11 Skink Skirmihers
-Brave ---- 83

12 Skink Skirmishers
-Brave
-Javelins ---- 102

11 Skink skirmishers
-brave
-Javelins ---- 94

5 saurus Cav
-Full command
-War Banner ---- 250

3 X Krokigor ---- 165

SiNNiX
01-05-2009, 03:38
Just so you know, I'm here to help.

I would get rid of your Diadem and take another scroll. Also, consider removing carnosaur and put your OB on a Cold One. This will free up some points and I think it would work better with your army. If you remove your javelins from your second javelin unit (you really should only have one for skirmishers basically) and remove your braves, you could have enough for another EOTG for your second priest. Also, consider getting rid of your razordons and taking terradons. They're way too valuable to pass up in a 2k army.

My 2 cents. Hope this helped! :)

blackjack
01-05-2009, 04:33
I think you have dumped way to many points into your 5 cold ones. The champ and the standard can be cut to save points.

SiNNiX
01-05-2009, 04:38
Well don't cut the standard but cut the champion unless you put your OB in there on a Cold One.

slasher
01-05-2009, 11:16
Ok made the above changes so the list now looks like this.....

Priest
Lvl 2
plaque of tepok
EotG ---- 405

Old Blood
light armour
Sheild
Cold one
blade of Realites
tailsmen of protecton ---- 271

priest
lvl 2
dispel scroll
dispel scroll
EotG ---- 440

2 x Salamanders --- 150

12 Skink Skirmishers

11 Skink Skirmishers
-Javelins ---- 88

11 Skink skirmishers

5 saurus Cav
-Muscian +Standard
-warbanner ---- 230

3 X Krokigor ---- 165

3 X Terradon --- 90

blackjack
01-05-2009, 13:49
Better!

Just one more recomendation, run the salamanders independantly. 2 groups of 1 sallies will give you more flexibility in movment, target choice and split enemy shooting. If you can find the 10 pts buy an extra handler for each salli if you do decide to split them.

slasher
01-05-2009, 14:06
Cool, I'll try to do that.

Cheers for the help blackjack and SiNNiX

SiNNiX
01-05-2009, 17:38
Although not a bad idea, I wouldn't split up my salamanders. Explanation:

With your salamanders split up, yes you'll get two targets, but you'll only get one chance to hit your target per salamander. Keeping them together gives you two opportunities to hit an enemy you really need to make panic or suffer wounds. The fact that you must add an Artillery dice to your range is all too often fail-causing, so it's nice to have two attempts at the roll to better guarantee atleast one good template placement.

Also, I wouldn't add an extra handler at all. As Spirit pointed out a long time ago, taking an extra handler means that your Salamanders will never be able to rally if caused to flee due to suffered casualties by loss of all handlers, due to the fact that they'll be under 25% original US.

But yeah, now your list is definately looking decent and tournament-worthy.

wildkarrde0
01-05-2009, 17:54
well ok then buy them separtely without extra handles then move the two separate units togther and shoot at the same target but your enemy can only target one at a time

slasher
01-05-2009, 20:43
Ok so list as above but both Sall's as seperate units but moving together then?

SiNNiX
01-05-2009, 23:53
well ok then buy them separtely without extra handles then move the two separate units togther and shoot at the same target but your enemy can only target one at a time

well played, sir.

gillus
02-05-2009, 07:31
Just to add my small insight....

How are you planning to use the army? I can see the type of army your going for, but having small units of Kroxigors and Terradons is just begging to be shot/cast at to cause panic tests.... Also where are the Saurus? don't get me wrong Skink skirmishers are very nice but they are going to get mashed from combat and shooting.

If you know for sure you are facing dark elves, then blocks of saurus with spears will tear through most dark elf units in combat.

SiNNiX
02-05-2009, 15:04
Well I personally believe you should always take atleast one unit of saurus but that is just my preference. The main weakness with LM is the fact that they put you in a difficult situation when it comes to taking saurus. If you don't, you have no solid RaF troops. If you do, you lose a good chunk of points to spend on other juicy creatures.

If you want, look up my LM army in the Army Lists section. I haven't lost a game with them yet and they've worked pretty well for me.