PDA

View Full Version : warriors of chaos and archaon

SirSnipes
02-05-2009, 01:29
so my friend has had the GW exclusive archaon lord of the endtimes for years now and has finally decided to make a army with , all he wants to know is how good this character is? and i a undevided army viable

Dark14
02-05-2009, 01:39
marks can be mixed now and almost always are unlike the good old days. it is generally frowned to use special char's unless its a huge game though i would imagine more so for Archaon to...

Kalec
02-05-2009, 01:39
Archaon is overkill. He isn't bad at all, but he is expensive in an army full of expensive models.

StarFyreXXX
02-05-2009, 01:48
but for what he does, he's very cheap....dropping him by 200 pts AND making him better than before was crazy...

Sanjay

SirSnipes
02-05-2009, 03:12
sweet good to hear, the guys at the club think their magic can handle him i doubt it though

Witchblade
02-05-2009, 16:29
He's pretty good if you're playing a 3000pt army centered around him. You have to make full use of his superb generalship and BSBness in one.

You also have to be agressive with him. Nothing bar the sickest lords has a chance of killing him directly, so just smash him into whatever you need dead. Knights and other units that rely on armour are good meat for the grinder. The only thing you have to watch out for is CR. You can still be run down. On a side note, it's worth mentioning that Archaon may flee as a charge reaction, which often comes as a surprise and thus can be used to bait nasty units.

ICLRK625
02-05-2009, 16:57
Just watch out for Lore of Metal (especially on a Slaan with the Banehead), as you'll have to make a lot of 3+ Ward Saves to stay alive (which doesn't sound bad, but if they cast it enough, you're in trouble). Since you play Chaos, it's fairly likely your opponent is going to take Lore of Metal.

SirSnipes
02-05-2009, 20:02
nonononono my mate plays chaos, i play lizzardmen,

at our cub we have 3 WOC, 1 dark elves, 1 vampore counts, 2 dwarves, and orks and gobos.

ICLRK625
03-05-2009, 18:57
nonononono my mate plays chaos, i play lizzardmen,

at our cub we have 3 WOC, 1 dark elves, 1 vampore counts, 2 dwarves, and orks and gobos.

Well, in that case, let him him do it and take a Slaan with Lore of Metal and the Banehead. If he fails 1 ward save, you just got like 350 points (2 and he's dead).

He has magic resistance 2, so it's not going to be impossible to cast on him (especially with FM).