PDA

View Full Version : Glorfindel's Base Size

JHK
02-05-2009, 06:14
Quick question-

Should Glorfindel be mounted on a "monster" sized base?

I couldn;t find anything specific on the minimum size for monster's bases.

thanks!

Rirekon
02-05-2009, 11:53
Use the base that he comes with (i.e. a WotR cavalry base) ;)

JHK
02-05-2009, 14:36
This I certainly can do and I already have done so.;)

However, he has "changed" in WOTR, and the blister he is packaged in is for the SBG. Afterall, the Glorfindel on foot figure that he also comes with cannot be used in WOTR, as he is no longer that sort of unit. It made sense to me to ask about the base in this case.

Really my question is this: Is there any particular advantage/disadvantage with a monster having a smaller base (or a bigger one)? If there is, should Glorfindel be based in the same way, since he has to abide by the rules of monster units in the game.

ADDED: Also- Its always good to take up a modeling opportunity if the rules present it to you. A large scenic base for Glorfindel would be a nice project.

Hoster
02-05-2009, 23:16
You can get more enemy bases into contact with a larger base. A larger base also gives you more flexibility when deciding between charge targets, but less possibility of squeezing through gaps.

Generally most monsters bases are the cavalry bases. I don't know if its mandatory to be that large though. The dwarven King's Champion would probably be sold with a small base...

Nu Fenix
03-05-2009, 13:24
Monster bases are round or eliptical, and as such only one company in a single formation can directly fight them.

So unless you are worried about being surrounded by multiple formations, I can't see your base size being an issue.

One local player uses a normal sized Dwarf on a normal size base for their King's Champion, and it works fine.