PDA

View Full Version : What's the toughest armylist you've beaten

DirtyCajun
02-05-2009, 05:38
What's the toughest army list you've beaten and how? Was it shear lucky and awesome rolls di you pull off a nice combo? What was your list like what moments decided the battle?

moose
02-05-2009, 06:36
Thorek gunline, absolutley smashed it to pieces with my tomb kings.

I'm a very good guesser with guess range, and overguessed on the ironbreakers in front of the AoD (cheesy I know but what else could I do?). 4 screaming skulls all hit, the first two did nothing, the third took three wounds, and the fourth finished it off!

A unit of four chariots got a second turn charges on the exposed flank of the dwarves, and I steamed through the a warrior block, and overran into the hammerers with the bone giant/ushabti in the front.

My tomb guard and destroyer king, then decided to march over the rest of the warrior units.

The organ gun was beaten by carrion, and my massive lighthorsemen unit killed off the two bolt thrower crews.

All over by turn four :D - a mix of luck and skill.

Moose.

Nicha11
02-05-2009, 06:53
Thorek gunline,.

Hmm same here, i was using the old 6th edition gatling slaan.

Selected as many magic missles as i could, and just kept shooting Thorek.
I finnaly killed him when one of the hits randomised and killed kraggi, Thorek promplty mistuck the anivl and blew up next turn:D

kardar233
02-05-2009, 07:13
4000pt Legendary Battle against a Tzeentch-pure Daemons list, my ally as High Elves and me using his Dwarfs.

You do not ever want to know how many miscasts he rolled.

Also, IF Drain Magic is a wonderful thing.

Tonnikala
02-05-2009, 07:29
My friends old hordes of chaos-list.
-Demon prince w. lore of fire
-Tzeentch disc-lord
-2x10 horrors
-2x5 nurgle knights
and cuople of dozenz warriors.

For myself, I had Lizardmens with:
-Old blood
-3 skink priests
-2x16 saurus warrirors
-3x12 skinks
-5 saurus cavalry
-3 kroxigors
-stegadon.

For the first look of the game, it was hopeless. But at the three last rounds, I destroyed demon prince, tzeentch lord and nurgle knights. Enough for minor victory.

whiskeytango
02-05-2009, 07:47
this guys daemon list
-keeper
-masque
-khorne bsb on jug
-nurgle herald
-unit of PB
-unit small unit of BL
-everything else were hounds and flamers

A lucky RBT shot took the keeper down to 2 wounds who was then beheaded ( or i like to imagine) by my assassin whose unit the keeper sirened in the first turn. The flamers were rendered useless by chillwinds and words of pain until they were shot to death. A bunch of super lucky rolling ensued, and by the end all he had left was his PBs, who i avoided the entire game.

Lots of luck, and my opponent relying too much on his list to win him the game.

Jericho
02-05-2009, 08:15
Toughest list I've beaten?

That would probably be the VC army I played against that featured Blood Knights, a big GG deathstar AND a Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon with Red Fury/Dreadlance. Combined with a bogus redirected charge into my Chosen's flank on the top of turn 2, and I had no right winning that game. Nearly wiped him as a matter of fact.

I haven't had many draws in Fantasy (not nearly as many as you should have given the odds) but I did tie a HE double-dragon list at 2k, using my Dogs of War. I had over-bought on magic and magic defense, and only had a small amount of shooting capable of taking down a dragon (ie. one small callibre cannon). Turn 1, I misfire the cannon and roll a miscast #10 for my mage with Beast Cowers. A great eagle charged the cannon on the top of turn 2, killing its crew. Oh, and when my Knights had a chance to flank charge his wounded Star Dragon, they failed their Terror test and fled off the board (rolled 11 then 17" flee, it was sweet). With a bit of luck, some number crunching before committing troops, and lots of help from magic I still managed a tie :p

Getting a tie against a pure-Slaanesh DoC list, including a Masque and Keeper, was also pretty insane. More luck than anything tho. Hellcannon proved indestructible and my Chosen were living gods, despite being at Ld3 stupid for the entire game.

Lord Khabal
02-05-2009, 08:49
Kairos List!!!! Not funny...

ROCKY
02-05-2009, 09:50
hmmm beating a very nasty high elf list with my chaos warriors. marauders with exalted kept them in the fight (they kept losing by one and the kept holding) against swordmasters. and chariots of khorne owned everything. i managed to pull of pandimonium and used my puppet everytime :). no mages for him by turn 4 and he only had spearmen and archers (who got charged by the surviviing 4 chaos knights). it was amazing (being that i despise high elves )

W0lf
02-05-2009, 10:01
I very recently beat;

Kairous
Bluescribes
Herald bsb

30 horrors + Changeling
2x 10 horrors

2x 6 flamers.

Was the most horrible game of fantasy ever but i did it with my vamps. Was funny on turn 3 though when he had TEN base dice. Pretty much my use of zombies won me that game.

ROCKY
02-05-2009, 10:04
I very recently beat;

Kairous
Bluescribes
Herald bsb

30 horrors + Changeling
2x 10 horrors

2x 6 flamers.

Was the most horrible game of fantasy ever but i did it with my vamps. Was funny on turn 3 though when he had TEN base dice. Pretty much my use of zombies won me that game.

pretty bad list!!!! not as bad as kairos 3 heralds(with Fot) 3 units of 19horrorsand 10 flamers. thats evil....thats 18 power dice...

drdenner
02-05-2009, 10:49
I'm a very good guesser with guess range, and overguessed on the ironbreakers in front of the AoD (cheesy I know but what else could I do?)

Did u just say you overguesed on purpose? You do know that is against the rules! So the way you win is by cheating!

dijit80
02-05-2009, 11:24
Did u just say you overguesed on purpose? You do know that is against the rules! So the way you win is by cheating!
Gotta admit thought that its a rather ridiculus rule - how can you prove that you've done it deliberately?

PARTYCHICORITA
02-05-2009, 12:40
My best win was probably vs my friend's VC. He had 13 PD+bound spells, a very solid list; i had WE with only 3 DD and 2 scrolls in a Wardancer themed list. I manage to get a unit of dancing elves in combat with his general and killing blowed the bastard before striking his army from all sides with the rest of my forces.
It was a good game, i feel VC are almost unbeatable vs WE.

On a similar note last week i manage to score a draw (it was almost a victory for me) vs Deamons using TK in a 3000pts tournament. At the start of the game neither me or my opponent thought it could be anything but a massacre for him but i manage to come up with a decent plan and good dice.

ROCKY
02-05-2009, 14:49

although i may agree with this all is fair in love and war lol. i dont think in rl u saying someone cheated when squashed ur army would change his mind or make him feel bad. his reply would be yep... and whipped ur ass.

W0lf
02-05-2009, 18:06
It was a good game, i feel VC are almost unbeatable vs WE.

Nice one. I saw the KB general coming before i read it but all the same. I have to agree and as a wood elf+vams player i think you beat my win :)

bork da basher
02-05-2009, 19:01
2500pts thorek gunline who spent a good 30 minutes bragging how he'd blow me to hell before i even made it into combat. i used my all cavalry all tzeentch disc riding sorcerer army lost 2 knights a handful of doggies and a unit of marauder horsemen to a truly craptacular display of shooting and anviling (god bless 1+ saves) charged with every unit, won, broke/run down and paniced paniced 70% of his army on that turn, the rest was mopped up with overwhelming magic and unstoppable knights charges the following turn. i love it when a true braggart gets his just deserts like this.

smarr10
03-05-2009, 12:59
I remember my sweet Tomb King victory over Warriors of Chaos in a 2000 pt game. It was one of those times when everything seemed to go according to plan. I sent 3 carrion to his hell cannon, not expecting them to win, just to survive 1 turn and stop him firing. They did and after he wiped them out he promptly misfired and disappeared into the vortex.

My Bone Giant's unstoppable assault finally worked a treat and wiped out a unit of 15 marauders. My archers were killing so many troops that he sent his Lord over to deal with them, while the skeletons were able to tarpit, my Tomb Guard flanked with beautiful effect (I love to hear Warriors run screaming off the edge of the board).

And the icing on the cake was the Screaming Skull catapult doing the job it was designed to do and single-handedly killing his Chaos Knights before they could even move.

It was a moment to be treaured. One of very few lately when fighting with the Tomb Kings against Vamps, Dwarves, Lizardmen, the Country Women's Association.

bdub7777
03-05-2009, 18:54
Thorek gunline. "Ancient Power!"

Steam Tank in a 1000 pt game

fubukii
03-05-2009, 21:26
steam tank in a 500 point game.
a 40 man shadestar army with dragon (3k)
shadestar army (2250)