PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Misty Mountain list idea

huntroll
02-05-2009, 11:29
Hi! I'm looking forward to start WotR and I made up this list today with a lot of things I like. I'm interested in your opinions and if it would be an effective list to play:

Epic Hero:
Durburz, Goblin King of Moria

Common:
3x3 Moria Goblins with Shortbows
1x6 Carn Dum Barbarians, Chieftain, Hornblower

Rare:
1x9 Gundabad Blackshields, Drum (Durburz leads them)
Dragon of Ancient Times, magic upgrade
2xCave Trols

Legendary:
Buhrdur

Probably it'd be better with Prowlers or Wargs instead of the Barbarians, but I saw some neat conversions from Rohan Warriors here and I decided to include them in the list.

Angelust
02-05-2009, 17:57
My only suggestion would be to maybe try and take a couple units of small maneuverable units to take advantage of the goblin pathfinder and M8. A couple 3-company units of prowlers may give you some options at game-winning flank charges.

huntroll
02-05-2009, 18:30
My only suggestion would be to maybe try and take a couple units of small maneuverable units to take advantage of the goblin pathfinder and M8. A couple 3-company units of prowlers may give you some options at game-winning flank charges.

My first idea of a MM list (wo. barbarians) was this:

Durburz
2x4 Prowlers, Champion
4x2 Goblins with Shortbows
1x9 Gundabad Blackshields, drum
Dragon + Magic Upgrade
2xCave Trolls
Buhrdur

How about this one? Or I could swap the Prowlers for Wargs with a Chieftain at the same price, and then I wouldn't have to convert them from spear-wielding goblins :D They're not Pathfinder, however, but they're faster so they migh be better for flanking.