PDA

View Full Version : forge world cheaper, for the aussies?!?!?!

mr.kislev
02-05-2009, 11:33
I just looked onto forge world for the executioner turret and found that the complete kit is actully cheaper then the normal one in aus dollars. the norm russ being 65 dollars and the executioner is 60 (after being converted to aus) so why is it sheaper does anyone know? becuase i think i am going to buy a few russ's from forge world.

ehlijen
02-05-2009, 12:46
Is that before or after shipping?

And beware: if you order too much at once, customs might decide to pounce on you and demand import taxes (happend to a friend a while back. Don't know if that's still a concern or how reliably they do that).

mr.kislev
03-05-2009, 11:56
it was before.

Bookwrak
03-05-2009, 19:39
Because that's how the fluctuating currency market works sometimes. Just beware at what the cost of shipping will add to that, as well as what you might have to pay in custom's fees.

TheDarkDuke
03-05-2009, 19:45
The truth of the matter is, thats the way its been for well the last 3 years for anyone outside of the US, UK and several countries in Europe. GW for some reason prices things for the rest of us at prices that are dollars were at 5 years ago as compared to the last 2 years. Some of us finally got a cut (Canada) awhile ago, but that will be disappearing with the price increases in June as you can search elsewhere in the forum. FW have just recently increased there costs FYI, so I would scoop them up from there, unless you want to wait for the Russ kit that they said would be in the next wave of IG when ever that may be (assuming it will be the same as now with the different turret options.

mr.kislev
03-05-2009, 22:09
just looked and with shipping it is a bit less then 70$. if the pound completely melts down i will be a very happy person.

Flypaper
04-05-2009, 11:04
The pound's pretty dreary as it is - I wouldn't hold back too much longer, or they might start raising prices in self-defense against importers.

...But yeah, I've saved a lot of money relative to Australian RRP over the last couple of months. :cool:

chromedog
04-05-2009, 11:13
You're pretty safe with OS orders until you hit the $900 (AUD) mark. Above this and they MAY charge import duties. Over $1000 and they WILL charge them.

Reaver titans are a slug and a half. $1600 or so +duties (I know one fool who ordered one and forgot about this minor detail.). Smaller stuff isn't an issue.

EdFireborn
05-05-2009, 09:12
Woot! I might acutally order stuff from forgeworld now...

Nakor
05-05-2009, 11:30
aus) so why is it sheaper .

hilarious! aus and sheep in the same sentence! (im from NZ if that helps)

but on topic: order quick before the pound goes back up like the man says. i juts got a sweet deal from the weak pound, take advantage while you can.