PDA

View Full Version : 500 pts of Ironfist League Greenies!!!

w3rm
02-05-2009, 12:37
Well Gamesday is next week and I think I'll be entering the Ironfist Rapid Fire Tournament. Basically you play a small game similar to a Warband and if you win you stay if you lose you walk. If you walk you can get back in line and wait for another gamer. Min unit sizes are halved and one chariot or warmachine is allowed per army.

Hero

Tharrkorr Elfkrusha(orc big boss)-113
Sword of might, enchanted shield, light Armour, boar

Core

20x orc boyz- 130
Banner, shields

20x Orc Boyz- 150
Banner, xtra choppa

18 Night goblins- 54

18 night goblins- 54

total- 501

Goblins will probably have bows and be meat shields for the orcs. hopefully I can survive what ever people throw at me long enough to get into combat where my numbers should help greatly. I think once I get into combat I should be good as I have 77 models and no one but skaven or another Orc player will come close.

rtunian
02-05-2009, 13:30
i think you are prone to be outmaneuvered with only 4 units.

what if you used 2-3 groups of 10-12 goblins, one block of 19 shield boyz (assuming big boss goes here) and two blocks of 10-12 choppa boyz

edit: slightly bigger shield, smaller choppa arrangement, leaves room in points for a chucka w/ smaller numbers

Stuffburger
02-05-2009, 14:00
I'm actually of the opposite opinion as rtunian, I think you're likely to come up against some really mean, armored units that your core blocks will have trouble killing no matter what you do to flank and outnumber them, so some more condensed hitting power is called for.

A wolf chariot and some squigs of some sort come to mind as does adding a fanatic. A dirt cheap night goblin character would be a steal at 30 points and could be hitting at S6 with a GW.

w3rm
02-05-2009, 14:16
Ok Stuffy here goes

Tharkorr Elfkrusha(Orc Big Boss)- 84
LA, Sheild, Sword Of Might

Noggatt Stunty Basha(Night Goblin Big Boss)- 34
GW

Da Fightaz (16 Orc Boyz)- 106
Standard, Shield

Da Bashaz (16 Orc Boyz)- 122
Xtra Choppa, Standard

Da Riderz (5 Spider Riders)- 65

Da Sneakers (20 Night Goblins)- 89
Music, 1 Fanatic

Total - 500

So the orc boss will go with shield orcs and Noggatt will go with the gobbos. The Spider Riders will do their thing, march blocking and trying to capture any objectives and add some speed to my army. The only thing that scares me is some loser bringing a a bunch of scorpions or other nasty small monsters as there is a 100 pt limit on any single model.

Da GoBBo
02-05-2009, 15:06
As of late Iv been using multiple small black orc units. With the new Waaagh! rule they'v worked wonders so far. Since minimum unit size is halved, you can have 5 black orcs for 65 points (preferably 70 with shields) on your flanks charging 11-12" on avarage. Take 2 for instance. They are quiet cheap but pack a real punch. This means your opponent can't really ignore them but you can choose to flee since they are cheap. Set up a countercharge (preferably with a chariot). If you add just one big block of shield boyz plus your general, your opponents attention must be on them. With your general in there and it can autowaaagh as well. Now you have room for a chariot as well. That list would look like somewhat this.

25 orcs + full command + shields @ 180
your boss @ 84
2x5 black orcs + shields + musician @ 140 (rally at ld.9)
orc chariot @80
total: 496 points

It's completely different from your own lists so far, I know, so I understand if you just want me to sod off :D . The principle behind this has been working so well at 1000 and 1500 points that I couldn't resist posting it here in your thread. If I were to enter a tourney like this with my orcs, I would use a list like this.

I also think this list can deal with problems given by both Stuffburger and rtunian. Rtunian is very correct about your manouvrebility. I allways liked big armies and allways got in my own way. Thats when I came up with this. The black orcs equipement solves the problem given by Stuffburger.

w3rm
02-05-2009, 20:03
well that looks good but I have two problems

1- You need 2 core

2- No Black Orc models

Da GoBBo
03-05-2009, 13:32
Yes it is sort of illegal isn't it. I remember now I had spider riders as well. That was a 1000 points though so I guess it's not gonna work. You could switch one black orc unit for Big Uns with 2 choppa's, but that sort of ruins the point of the list. You could also reduce the big block by 5 models and add a 5 model orc unit for a second core, or switch the chariot for a wolf chariot, reduce the orc unit by one and together with the 4 points left allready that makes for 30 points you can spend on whatever core you like.

This all doesn't solve your model problem of course. Good luck in the tourney.

w3rm
06-05-2009, 20:13
Thanks I'm nervous. It's my first tourney ever and I just broke both my arms yesterday

Papa JJ
06-05-2009, 20:25
Tharkorr Elfkrusha(Orc Big Boss)- 84
LA, Sheild, Sword Of Might

Noggatt Stunty Basha(Night Goblin Big Boss)- 34
GW

Da Fightaz (16 Orc Boyz)- 106
Standard, Shield

Da Bashaz (16 Orc Boyz)- 122
Xtra Choppa, Standard

Da Riderz (5 Spider Riders)- 65

Da Sneakers (20 Night Goblins)- 89
Music, 1 Fanatic

Total - 500

So the orc boss will go with shield orcs and Noggatt will go with the gobbos. The Spider Riders will do their thing, march blocking and trying to capture any objectives and add some speed to my army. The only thing that scares me is some loser bringing a a bunch of scorpions or other nasty small monsters as there is a 100 pt limit on any single model.

I think this should be a solid 500 point army to take with you. Best of luck at the tournament, it seems like with an interesting tournie format like that it could be lots of fun.

Oh, and sorry about the two broken arms. Ouch!:(

w3rm
07-05-2009, 00:53
Yeah well during Games Day I'm gonna try and get matt ward 2 sign my cast hes gonna be there! Tomorrow I'm gonna speed paint and maybe get some pics up. Need to base the Fighterz and repiant the robes and base some of the Sneakerz.

rtunian
07-05-2009, 13:52
Yeah well during Games Day I'm gonna try and get matt ward 2 sign my cast hes gonna be there!

try and get him to sign it with his forehead... by bashing him with your club-arm (or leg!).

then, when he says "what the hell was that for?" you can just say, "oy gitface!! dat bashin's fer all da boyz wot you done screwed ova!!!"