PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda figs in IG army

Alessander
02-05-2009, 17:30
Hello,

I have a sizable Necromunda Orlock gang (plus quite a few bounty hunters) and wanted to incorporate them into my IG army. Not sure how, though.

I was thinking either a penal legion (ideal, but it would leave a bunch of special/heavy weapons unusable), conscripts (bigger squad size than penal legion, but same drawback) or Veterans.

What would you recommend, from both a fluff and gameplay viewpoint?

Mannimarco
02-05-2009, 17:38
penal legion definately, theyre not really vets, vets still use more or less guard equipment with a few upgrades, penal legion get their hands on all kinds of non standard equipment

xerxeshavelock
02-05-2009, 18:10
My imperial Guard army is a Necro gang that grew huge. My Callidus assassin is a Malcadon. Lots of fluff comparisons.

boogle
02-05-2009, 18:15
it really all depends on exactly what you have in the gang as it were, if you have a lot of shotguns, that's a Veteran squad sorted, Autoguns can count as Lasguns for line infantry squads, the pistol and close combat weapons models can be your command squad and sergeant models, the Heavy Stubbers could count as Autocannons (seeing as there are 2 Heavy Bolter toting Orlocks that i know of), Flamers, Melta, Plasma and Grenade Lauchers as is. The Bounty Hunters could fill in for the Commissars with the weaponry they tote.

with a little conversion work, you could bolster the numbers further by GSing some jacket sleeves on the plastic Catachans.

Emperors Teeth
02-05-2009, 18:39
Use your imagination... and apply your models to whatever squad fits best in the army.

eg:
You want to use them as a Penal Legion but the rules for the Legionnaires don't let you use your fave models... then use them Veteran Squad rules... and call it a 'Veteran Penal Legion Squad'!

As long as your opponent knows what you're doing then it's all good.

shin'keiro
02-05-2009, 20:39
i'd go for veterans - favouring their own equipment they have accumulated over their years of service - with the heavy bolter guy from orlock gang representing Gunnery sergeant Harker.

Straha
03-05-2009, 13:19
Hello,

I have a sizable Necromunda Orlock gang (plus quite a few bounty hunters) and wanted to incorporate them into my IG army. Not sure how, though.

I was thinking either a penal legion (ideal, but it would leave a bunch of special/heavy weapons unusable), conscripts (bigger squad size than penal legion, but same drawback) or Veterans.

What would you recommend, from both a fluff and gameplay viewpoint?

I like your Penal Legion idea --- who knows what those guys have grabbed while redeeming themselves.

As long as it looks cool, anything goes.

freddieyu
03-05-2009, 13:41
I managed to buy several different kinds of gangers...orlocks, ratskins, and those cool trenchcoat wearing dudes woth goggles, and a clan eshcer female with a pistol and ccw.

I also have a few gorkamorka digga models, who combined with the orlocks will form a penal legion squad, since both have chains in some form or the other on their bodies, and the diggas are bald dudes...I simply converted several to have the appropriate weapons.

The ratskins I intend to remove the ratty tail. That and the trenchcoat gangers can represent camo cloaked veterans.

Earthbeard
03-05-2009, 17:01
I use Cawdor models in my renegade army, got a full platoon of the hooded blighters.

Ravening Wh0re
04-05-2009, 00:18
Well, they used to use Necromunda gangers as hive gangers or pdf before. I think they work perfectly as Penal Legion. Just use your heavies as standard guys, no?