PDA

View Full Version : The Horus Heresy, Eldar Attach and the Battle for Armageddon.

Alex_H
02-05-2009, 19:12
I was helping my parents move today and I came across my old 40K related items, including the above games. Now I only played them a few times, but I have fond memories of them especially the boards. Does anyone else recall them? have any stories about them? I plan to take them into my LFGS next week and have a game. Any hints,tips in getting the best out of them?

Griefbringer
02-05-2009, 19:21
WD155 had a strategy article for the Battle for Armageddon game.

the1stpip
02-05-2009, 21:51
Dunno, only ever played Tyranid Attack, but that was fab.

That was back when GW expected people to play nicely, and the games were not competitive.

boogle
02-05-2009, 22:38
I had the HH min i game that came with WD and the HH game, but as per my fate the dumbass ex missus chucked them out

Grindgodgrind
03-05-2009, 11:50
I had Doom of the Eldar when I was a kid, that game was confusing back then. Good fun though.

eek107
03-05-2009, 12:19
I bought Battle for Armageddon earlier this year on ebay. Went down great when I took it along to the club.
Having some trouble finding the expansion though.

I kaelis ra
03-05-2009, 12:57
I had a few battles during eye of terror whit my ulthwe(previous edition mind u)vs the then spiffy new tau of my mate . I only ever beat them once .Seeing the 6 man seercouncil take out 70 percent off the opposing force havving lost almost my entire army to their shooting the turns before i advanced my council set on exacting a meager measure of revenge sure they would die a honorable death .They didn't take a single wound while soaking all fire the enimy had at his disposal(including several surviving suits and a hammerhead ) for 2 turns losing 1 wound and a warlock the 3d it was surreal but amusing(to see once) .(I started collecting chaos after this battle )God imm so happy whit my Elder-codex now.Using the models and rules i hag tau was hard to say the least. Hehehe The first game vs tau using the new dex ...well now that was a cool battle start to end =) d back then fightin

boogle
03-05-2009, 13:06
I'd really like to get my hands on some if not all of these games again, and link them in with 40K and/or Epic Armageddon battles