PDA

View Full Version : Question about new IG Command Squad Kit

burni
02-05-2009, 22:40
I was just wondering if the new sprues allow you to make a plasma gunner AND a melta gunner from one box (or indeed a flamer AND a heavy flamer). The picture in WD makes it look like you only get one left arm for these weapons in the box.

But it does kinda look like a similar arm to the grenade launcher/flamer arms from the normal Cadian box - is this right? Do they fit okay?

If a command squad box can make a plasma, melta, heavy flamer and sniper from one box without conversion and perhaps just a bit of kit bashing from the other Cadian boxes, I can see myself buying a few. If not then the old metal special weapons seem a better option.

I've not bought a box yet as I made myself promise not to buy anymore until I've painted what I have :D

Awilla the Hun
03-05-2009, 12:12
Yes you can! I have got a flamer and a melta toting trooper from the same box!

boogle
03-05-2009, 12:46
yeah there are 2 arms to allow 2 from Melta/Plasma/Flamer to be built, also the Heavy Flamer is set up like the Lasgun arms, so you can go one of those too.

RichBlake
03-05-2009, 13:08
Basically in the kit you get a flamer, heavy flamer, plasma gun, meltagun and grenade launcher all on right arms.

There are also two left arms used with the special weapons. However they are essentially the arms used to hold grenade launchers in the normal Guardsman box, I have loads of the things lying around.

The heavy flamer is the exception as it's an arm stuck to the gun which already has the left hand on it, so even with the base kit it's possible to make the Heavy Flamer then two extra special weapons.

TheFloatingHead
03-05-2009, 13:15
Hey I have a question about the Heavy Flamers, both the rules in the new codex and in the command squad kits. Are Heavy Flamers a Team weapon that requires two models or is a HF carried by a single trooper? I'm curious because my Death Korps Stormtroopers Heavy Flamer is carried by a two model team and I was wondering if I should model them on their own bases seperately and just try to stick them close together, or if it would be okay to have them both on the larger base provided. It probably wouldn't be that big of a deal until it came down to casualty removal, but I would prefer as few hang ups as possible with this army. Thanks!

RichBlake
03-05-2009, 13:31
Carried by a single model.

If you can't seperate the model all you have to do is ignore the guy carrying the ammo. It's like the injured guardsman you used to get in the command squad, you put him there to simply make the medic look like he's doing something, but you can ignore him.

boogle
03-05-2009, 13:31
No they are a single person Assault weapon, the FW update on the Kreig should clarify things for you.

Rich Blake - that injured guy is now a Veteran in my all metal Veteran Squad

RichBlake
03-05-2009, 13:44
Rich Blake - that injured guy is now a Veteran in my all metal Veteran Squad

Ha he got promoted in your army then. He was an objective for a while in mine, not actually representing an injured Guardsman as my army would never go back for one man, more represents a bunch of injured Guardsmen or something.

boogle
03-05-2009, 13:48
well i had to find a use for him somewhere.

freddieyu
03-05-2009, 14:04
The injured cadian from the metal command squad is now an injured crewman to an autocannon...right behind the sandbags with the knife accessory...

Nonalyth
03-05-2009, 14:22
If heavy flamers are a man-portable assault weapon, it kind of makes you wonder why they bother with regular flamers.

boogle
03-05-2009, 14:32
Because they are limited as to who can take them

stahly
03-05-2009, 14:34
I think the bandaged arm and scarred face would make a perfect model for a bodyguard.

boogle
03-05-2009, 14:42
I think the bandaged arm and scarred face would make a perfect model for a bodyguard.

I agree with you on this, just a shame he's limited to LP/CCW as his weaponry

TheFloatingHead
03-05-2009, 14:54
Carried by a single model.

If you can't seperate the model all you have to do is ignore the guy carrying the ammo. It's like the injured guardsman you used to get in the command squad, you put him there to simply make the medic look like he's doing something, but you can ignore him.

No they are a single person Assault weapon, the FW update on the Kreig should clarify things for you.

Thanks guys! I'll probably end up putting them on seperate small bases, put them close together, and give the ammo man a hellgun in addition to the fuel tank since he's not an "official" ammo man. A little piece of flexible tube could still connect the guardsmen, or something to that extent. I just think it would look awkward for one man to be carrying this massive flamethrower and two very large fuel tanks so it fits as one model carrying everything. The Heavy Flamer Team is a very characterful model pair and I'd hate to leave out a bunch of features just so it will be WYSIWYG.