PDA

View Full Version : 1500 mordor with fallne relms allies

backslide
03-05-2009, 13:45
based on what I have kicking around, used a 1k version but using this vs dwarfs with rohan allies tommoro night:

Winged Nazgul
the tainted

Winged Nazgul
Dimwelack or how ever you spell it

Ringwraith
the betrayer

Mordor Orc warband
6 companys
shields
captian

Mordor Orc warband
3 companys
2 handed weapons

warg riders
3 companys

warg riders
3 companys

Mordor troll

Grishnaks Trackers
3 companys

Allies

Corsairs
4 companys
Shields
Boson

Corsair Crossbows
3 companys

Corsair Crossbows
2 companys

corsairs I have them and love the models, and the crossbows give me some mean firepower

backslide
04-05-2009, 12:40
well it worked, I'm really enjoying fellbeasts, was very hard to actually have space to deploy all my stuff though

Jorgen_CAB
04-05-2009, 13:21
I agree that the corsairs are nice models... the only thing about them is that they can use the sidewall rule for infantry... how crazy is that on a scale from 0 to 10... I give it a 10... that really must be the most funny shield wall I have ever seen, or perhaps they enact some kind of force field in front if them. ;)

If I were ever to field them I would do one of two things.

1. Mix them with archer and simply have them be archers all of them.

2. Ask my opponent if I could get +1 defense at the front and 4 missile attacks, loosing one attack for every two models removed from a company. For the same cost as bows or shields.

dtjunkie19
04-05-2009, 13:55
How is it crazy? Medieval crossbowmen used pavise shields in order to protect themselves from incoming ranged weapons fire. You could probably also use the shield in a limited use in combat.

"The Pavise - the Shield of the Crossbow men
On the battlefield the Medieval crossbowman was particularly vulnerable while reloading his crossbow. Crossbowmen therefore protected themselves with a tall shield which was known as a pavise. The crossbowman would duck behind the pavise to re-load his crossbow during a battle.The pavise was a a large convex shield, some 4 to 5 ft. high and sufficiently broad to cover the entire body. The word 'pavise' originates from Pavia, in Italy, where pavise shields were originally made. A pavise would be carried slung on the back of the crossbowman. It was then propped up in front of him, in a permanent position, before the battle commenced. The pavise of the crossbowman could also be used as defensive screen formed by linking pavises together. Such a defensive screen was known as a 'Pavisade'. The Medieval era was strongly religious. Crossbowman would have fought in crusades, as well as battles in England. Many Pavises were therefore painted with religious scenes. The Medieval crossbow men hoped that the enemy would believe that they were committing a sacrilegious act if the Holy image was damaged."

Jorgen_CAB
04-05-2009, 15:09
How is it crazy? Medieval crossbowmen used pavise shields in order to protect themselves from incoming ranged weapons fire. You could probably also use the shield in a limited use in combat.

"The Pavise - the Shield of the Crossbow men
On the battlefield the Medieval crossbowman was particularly vulnerable while reloading his crossbow. Crossbowmen therefore protected themselves with a tall shield which was known as a pavise. The crossbowman would duck behind the pavise to re-load his crossbow during a battle.The pavise was a a large convex shield, some 4 to 5 ft. high and sufficiently broad to cover the entire body. The word 'pavise' originates from Pavia, in Italy, where pavise shields were originally made. A pavise would be carried slung on the back of the crossbowman. It was then propped up in front of him, in a permanent position, before the battle commenced. The pavise of the crossbowman could also be used as defensive screen formed by linking pavises together. Such a defensive screen was known as a 'Pavisade'. The Medieval era was strongly religious. Crossbowman would have fought in crusades, as well as battles in England. Many Pavises were therefore painted with religious scenes. The Medieval crossbow men hoped that the enemy would believe that they were committing a sacrilegious act if the Holy image was damaged."

Well, I was not talking about the crossbow formation but the corsairs raiders that use sword and bucklers, not even real shields. I have no problem with th Pavise shields, fits like a glove. ;)

dtjunkie19
04-05-2009, 16:23
Aha I didn't catch that from your post. Yea I figure the regular corsair models must be super manly warriors. Because anyone who is willing to go to war with that pathetic piece of small equipment must have ginormous balls of steel.