PDA

View Full Version : the monolith

Venkh
21-12-2005, 13:46
Hi All
Apologies if this has been done to death but having searched through FAQ's etc i am still unable to determine what weapons can be used vs a monolith.

Do any of the following work:

Power fists
Dred CCW
Witch blades
Singing spears

I expect to face a necron opponent fairly soon and need to know whether some things in my list will work.

Rgds

hairyman
21-12-2005, 13:49
They all work, according to our group's interpretation of the rules, as they change the user's strength rather than adding dice to penetration rolls or lowering armour values.

blitz589
21-12-2005, 13:57
Wouldn't BrightLances still work?
If so those would be enough.

Ivan Stupidor
21-12-2005, 14:01
Wouldn't BrightLances still work?
If so those would be enough.

Bright Lances (and any other "lance" weapon) don't get their Lance power against the Monolith.

My interpretation is the same as hairyman's: They all work. Since you seem to be planning some close combat against the beast, it might be wise to invest in some haywire grenade-toting units. They work, too, and do a number on any armour. (Just keep in mind that the Monolith is a skimmer and you'll need sixes to hit.)

Venkh
21-12-2005, 14:09
Well the weapons in my list that can potentially damage the giant undead air freshener are.

Scorp Power fist
Haywire grenades
Brightlance
Pulse Laser
Dred CCW Weapon

I though that the dred & powerfists would not work because they modify the users strength, something ruled out ny the LM rule.

Im not particularly interested in assaulting it, i just knew for certain that lance/melta was ruled out.

Barbarossa
21-12-2005, 14:22
Isn't the pulse laser S6?

Venkh
21-12-2005, 14:33
no, thats the scatter laser, but thanks for reading.