PDA

View Full Version : Is the Black Templar Codex still viable?

EdFireborn
04-05-2009, 10:17
I'm interested in starting a black templars force (as i do not want to do vanilla marines) but i am wondering if the codex is still viable? ive borrowed a copy from a friend to look through, and i really like them (especially Grimaldus) and the whole idea of crusading marines.

btw, the fallback option is Emperor's Children (chaos) as i really like the look of them...

swifty2
04-05-2009, 10:22
The codex is denitely still viable mate, there are quite a few options you can go for as far as army selection goes, although I usually go for an all infantry force with a few dreadnoughts thrown in, and theres really no need to shy away from a few land raider crusaders. You'll find that as far as marine armies go there one of the quickest with the potential to move 18" a turn. Grimaldus is defnitely something worth using and hes a stunning model. Also, granted you only have 1 troops choice but your crusader squads are very diverse. The emperors champion is brilliant aswell (really really brilliant).

The modelling possibilities are amazing aswell, check out my sig and you can get a few ideas in my log.

marv335
04-05-2009, 10:29
Absolutely viable, the EC and the preferred enemy vow make them a CC force to be reckoned with.

EdFireborn
04-05-2009, 10:34
thanks for your help :D

@swifty2 i will check out that log :)

popisdead
04-05-2009, 18:42
Preferred enemy = awesome.

Laser guided fanatic
04-05-2009, 18:44
Don't forget *drool* dedicated LRCs.