PDA

View Full Version : New Wood Elf Pics

Inquisitor Engel
05-05-2005, 21:38
Courtesy of Dakka.

A 4th pic I found the flash too bright to bother reposting too. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/britboyinTx/we1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/britboyinTx/we2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/britboyinTx/we3.jpg

Dakka Thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=6520

Enjoy. I'm so starting Fantasy, for good this time.

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 22:05
Sweet models, WE are back and better than ever, no those treehuggers will have nothing to complain about.

Special mention to the hero, it looks perfect for so many conversions into huge sword weilding chaos dudes.

TG

m1s1n
05-05-2005, 22:11
So those little white things on the Treekin--are they supposed to be like the bobble-heads from "Princess Mononoke"? If so . . . sweet!

Inquisitor Engel
05-05-2005, 22:14
So those little white things on the Treekin--are they supposed to be like the bobble-heads from "Princess Mononoke"? If so . . . sweet!
Those are Faeries and Changelings. They look nice. I wouldn't have painted them so white, but they're a nice addition. Especially as they're old-skool, kill your children, replace them, kick your **** if you mess with the ley-lines faeries. :D

m1s1n
05-05-2005, 23:07
Do they have any effect on the game, or are they just aesthetically placed?

Inquisitor Engel
06-05-2005, 00:25
As far as I know, they're aesthetic, like the Gnoblars are on OK mini's. I could be wrong though, I'm not very in the know for WFB stuff. ;)

EffCee
06-05-2005, 00:39
Unless the Gnoblars are on character models of course :D
That hero model is extremely good. Alex Hedstrom strikes again. The Lemures are good, but I think that they would benefit from having a more varied colour scheme, i.e. more than one shade of brown on each mini, and the faerie things should most definately not stand out so much. They should have a sort of camouflage, like one shade lighter or darker than the surface they are on. Anyhow I'm impressed and August cannot come quick enough fo me.

portentjunkie
06-05-2005, 00:44

There will be spites that can be purchased for characters. A couple that were mentioned was one type that swarmed around the character protecting them from magic, and another that would dart out and attack.

Crazy Harborc
06-05-2005, 00:48
I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of the armybook. I doubt I'll be buying the army boxed set. With luck, the known Woodie player will discover how to open his wallet. :) and buy the armybox. At least we will be buying different "fill in" units.

Wraith
06-05-2005, 10:11
Those are Faeries and Changelings. They look nice. I wouldn't have painted them so white, but they're a nice addition. Especially as they're old-skool, kill your children, replace them, kick your **** if you mess with the ley-lines faeries.

What if anything (fluff wise) do we know about the little white changelings?

Are they similar to the little creatures that are on top of the Shaggoth model's head?

Drabant
06-05-2005, 11:48
Looking at the champion here, and looking at the swords on the sprue, maybe the glade guard champion can have two hand weapons?

And why is the champion mounted on a large base? Or am I missing something here?

Forgotmytea
06-05-2005, 12:02
Those are sweet. This bodes well for the Chaos Dwarf sculpts if they ever get re-released.... :D

75hastings69
06-05-2005, 12:18
And why is the champion mounted on a large base? Or am I missing something here?

he isn't mounted on a large base, or am i missing something?

Neknoh
06-05-2005, 12:25
he isn't mounted on a large base, or am i missing something?

You are missing something, check the picture where you can clearly see the Treekin from the side and the rest of the elven army from behind.

The Champion is the dude with 2 swords and a bow on his back

75hastings69
06-05-2005, 12:30
You are missing something, check the picture where you can clearly see the Treekin from the side and the rest of the elven army from behind.

The Champion is the dude with 2 swords and a bow on his back

Oh yeah, i was looking at the wrong guy (drooling over 2 handed sword champ).

I have seen another picture from the front of that model, and he has either 1 or 2 faeries/sprites (white things with wings) on the base with him also.

Avian
06-05-2005, 13:21
Looking at the champion here, and looking at the swords on the sprue, maybe the glade guard champion can have two hand weapons?
It's similar to the HE archer set - you can have some of the models with two hand weapons, but it's just for looks.

Sgt John Keel
06-05-2005, 21:55
So the horizontal scrollbar of doom is no strikeable offence anymore? :p

I love the new models. I'm really looking forward to when they update the HE plastics.

/Adrian

Galonthar
07-05-2005, 14:41
hmm.....

I suppose I`m,...but...

remember the spear-wielding GG are scrapped, but matbe it will be possible to arm the "new" GG with 2HW.... :confused: .....

but as I said, I suppose I`m totally wrong

Crazy Harborc
08-05-2005, 01:07
A regular and old time opponent..........."Made" his own spear and shield toting Woodies. He had loads of extra old time plastic woodie archers and lots of extra shields. He's never said how he came up with their plastic spears.

GGs without spears??? Oh, he'll just "love that".

-Ed
08-05-2005, 02:02
What if anything (fluff wise) do we know about the little white changelings?

Are they similar to the little creatures that are on top of the Shaggoth model's head?

Those 'litle creatures' are ungors, this is to suggest the true size of the Shaggoth.