PDA

View Full Version : Scouring of the Shire questions

Leogun_91
04-05-2009, 16:19
Me and my group of friends/players are going to have a special halfling related event in the beginning of the summer break, as it is much about halflings and the WFB halflings are lacking model and rulewise we will have to use hobbits as well (We donīt mind that however) and so naturally we could use the scouring of the shire rulebook.
So there are some questions
1) Is the sourcebook worth it from a rules perspective with good scenarios and such or would I be better of searching my WD collection after hobbit scenarios.
2) Same as above but terrain, does it have guides for making hobbitholes and simmilar stuff.
3) What would be a good thing to add for an all around skirmish group of hobbits if you have Merry, Pippin, Sam and Frodo on ponies (which I have) that would be able to play most of the scenarios in the scouring and what would one need in terms of enemies.

jaws900
05-05-2009, 06:17
1) The book is probbaly not worth it. all rules are in themain hard book apart from Gonfabil or something who has benn dicontinued.
2) Most of the terrain can be easily bulit(For GW standards any way) but you'll probbaly all ready have half a ton of stuff to reposent it. (Bree houses etc)
3) A Skermish of hobbits vs Hobbits wouldn't be good as hobbits rely on heros so much and all of there heroes are named ones.

Leogun_91
05-05-2009, 07:46
3) A Skermish of hobbits vs Hobbits wouldn't be good as hobbits rely on heros so much and all of there heroes are named ones.But I have four, quite powerfull (fluffwise at least) heroes in Sam, Frodo, Merry and Pippin in pony variant.
Too bad the rules isnīt really worth it, I hoped on some fun scenarios to use at that event, will still check it out at GW to see if Iīll find it worth it or else Iīll just buy more hobbits.