PDA

View Full Version : The Everguard?

Getifa Ubazza
04-05-2009, 17:15
There is a picture on page 12 of the Eldar codex. In the bottom left corner, there are 2 figures called the Everguard. Is there any background on these guys?

PondaNagura
04-05-2009, 17:17
basically they're eldar who protect the goings-on of the Craftworlds, a PDF i guess would a rough equivalent

Poseidal
04-05-2009, 17:20
They look more like the Eldar equivalent of Custodes.

pookie
05-05-2009, 14:19
basically they're eldar who protect the goings-on of the Craftworlds, a PDF i guess would a rough equivalent

are Gaurdians not the equivelant of PDF?

DapperAnarchist
05-05-2009, 14:39
I would guess Eldar Custodes - perhaps Aspect Warriors who follow the aspect of Khaine as Protector.

Idaan
05-05-2009, 16:16
The Dire Avengers already follow Khaine as Asurmen's vassal and defender of his realm.

The Everguard are just a random made-up name, I guess all assumptions are equally valid.

Horus38
05-05-2009, 16:27
To the OP: no official fluff as far as I'm aware (and others from the look of things).

From their Custode-esque design I would place them as the group that defends/maintains sensitive sites on the Craftworld such as the Dome of Crystal Seers, etc.

chrismp_123
05-05-2009, 18:30
To the OP: no official fluff as far as I'm aware (and others from the look of things).

From their Custode-esque design I would place them as the group that defends/maintains sensitive sites on the Craftworld such as the Dome of Crystal Seers, etc.

I agree...

OP from lack of fluff and you interest in them, take the idea and run with it. Meaning make them your own. Use them in your army in some way. :)

Getifa Ubazza
05-05-2009, 18:41
With the look of the weapon they hold, I would guess it as either an executioner or a singing spear. As I couldnt have a full unit of executioner armed models, I would probably go with a Warlock unit, all armed with singing spears. I actually think this would fit the Custode-esque style of the 2 figures in the picture. They could be used to guard some type of artifact on the battlefield.