PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Assets + Strategems

hendybadger
05-05-2009, 17:45
I am looking into making some Tyranid Strategems, Stategic assets + Objectives.
But im unsure where to start.

Has anyone else tried this sort of thing?
And if yes, what did you come up with?

LordofWar1986
05-05-2009, 17:53
Ideas? Think fluffy stuff ;)

-Something to represent like the Tyranid planet assault units causing some havoc upon arrival (like lictors and genesteelers jumping out from underground/bushes and causing moral checks)
-Free spore mines (like D3+2 each turn or something like that)
-Spore Chimney (objective)
-Psychic Chasm (like zoanathropes doing something psychic to disrupt vehicles or reserves or something along those lines.)
-Some type of tendril ability against certain armies (think like boosting preferred enemy against certain armies)

hendybadger
05-05-2009, 18:00
I mean creating things to reperesent the current strategems and strategic assets from the Apoc + CoD books.

For example- How would you show a tyranids 'barricade' startegem?

Azhrarn
05-05-2009, 18:35
I mean creating things to reperesent the current strategems and strategic assets from the Apoc + CoD books.

For example- How would you show a tyranids 'barricade' startegem?

CoD Strategems.

Key Building Stratagems.
Ammunition Store: Digestion Pool, the nutrient intake speeds up the growth of new symbiotic ammo.

Command Centre: No idea, psychic relay spore or something? No idea, 'nids don't really need this one because of the hive links to tyrants and such.

Fuel Dump: similar to the ammunition store, nutrient supplies.

Mediciae Facility: another tough one, my guess would also be a digestion pool like thing, or perhaps some organism secreting regeneration promoting substances?

Power Generator: hormone releasing organism? Driving the 'nids to greater violence.

Observation point: hormone trail of a lictor?

Sacred Ground: Spore Chimney? (since it is vital to the tyranoformation of the planet)

Obstacle Strategems.
Barricade: how about some seriously overgrown barbed plant-life? Think barbed strangler rounds, only grown into a low wall-like shape?

Razorwire: same as normal razorwire, only heatseaking barbed vines?:evilgrin:

Tank Traps: Chunks of Myocetic Spore, overgrown fungi.

Don't have the Apocalypse books, so can't help with those. But hope that the CoD ones are of some help.

Vampiric16
05-05-2009, 20:07
Tank traps: a group of spore mines
Command centre: hive node from BfM