PDA

View Full Version : Starting Empire Should I Buy Two Empire Battalion Boxes?

Martin Brody
05-05-2009, 21:10
Hello,

I am just starting Fantasy, never played before, and was wondering if buying two of the Battalion boxes was a good buy? In a 2250pt army would you use 2 units of knights and then a unit of pistolers and outriders? Or would my money be better spent of buying state troops that I'm going to need anyway?

Thanks,

nasty_little_hobbit
05-05-2009, 21:21
I think buying the battalion is a good idea but I would only get one to start with.
I then would get another 2/3 state troop box set and then some kind of Character model and that should give you a good starter army.
As for your second question you probably will use 2 units of knights but most likely in units of 6 at most. That is unless you go for a big hammer unit of 10 knights with character then all 16 might be useful.

Napoleon Blownapart
05-05-2009, 21:29
I would buy 1 battalion. Then get Empire state troop boxes, lots of them. I can't say the empire battalion I am a very big fan of simply because of the blatant lack of state troopers.

sigur
05-05-2009, 21:31
I'd suggest getting a rulebook, the armybook and the batallion first. Assemble everything, paint everything, have a few small games (should be possible with the batallion) and use some proxies. THEN, get some more miniatures. Don't buy more than 500-700pts at once.

Stuffburger
05-05-2009, 21:39
16 knights would generally make 3x5 and then 2x5 pistoliers. If you plan on using lots of mounted troops it'll be worth it, otherwise just get one and the spam state troops boxes.

DarkTerror
05-05-2009, 21:49
See "'old' Empire Battalion" thread below