PDA

View Full Version : The Movie Space marines list

Bloodspeaker
05-05-2009, 21:43
Hello guys does anyone knows where can i find that list published in white dwarf 300?

Logarithm Udgaur
05-05-2009, 21:50
Maybe in WD300?

SimonL
05-05-2009, 22:13
Here's a link to a version of the Movie Marines

http://www.richyp.com/Documents/MovieMarines.pdf

W0lf
05-05-2009, 22:16
Its stupid however as nothing else is 'movie x'.

For example if thats what a marine should be a Carnifex should be soooooo much harder.

Latro_
05-05-2009, 22:27
they should make movie imperial guard! like buff them up good and propper like arnie in commando

oh wait, ig codex..

woo hoo

SimonL
05-05-2009, 22:31
For example if thats what a marine should be a Carnifex should be soooooo much harder.

Only if it's a movie about Tyranids lol. ;)

Pooky
05-05-2009, 22:57
they should make movie imperial guard! like buff them up good and propper like arnie in commando

They did make a movie about guard... It was either Starship Troopers (against bugs) or Enemy at the Gates (just the opening scene where the commisar is screaming at his men to charge the enemy machine gun nest) :D

Gensuke626
05-05-2009, 22:57
Only if it's a movie about Tyranids lol. ;)

Specifically...only if it's a Horror Movie ala "Alien".

If they made a movie of "Aliens" type level using Imp Guard...they'd need to have Storm Troopers that behave like Force Commanders...which is still weaker than a Movie Marine...

Edit - I'm not sure who wrote or translated that list, but there are quite a few mistakes in it...

SimonL
05-05-2009, 23:03
Specifically...only if it's a Horror Movie ala "Alien".

Indeed, gribbly monsters suffer from the same "Law of Inverse Power" as Ninjas. The more monsters present, the less sneaky and/or dangerous they become. For example, compare the 2nd Alien movie to the 1st and 3rd. :D

Bloodspeaker
05-05-2009, 23:05
Thanks SimonL.

SimonL
05-05-2009, 23:14
No problem, also if you like humourous datasheets, here's one from the Apocalypse thread. I want to see Warriors of Legend Vs. Movie Marines lol :D

Warriors of Legend

Code:
Unit WS BS S T W I A Ld sv
Chuck Norris 10 5 8 10 5 8 6 10 3+/3+
Jack Bauer 5 10 7 10 5 7 5 10 3+/3+
Mr. T 7 4 8 10 5 7 5 10 3+/3+
The Fonz 6 4 6 9 5 6 5 10 3+/3+
Vin Diesel 5 4 5 5 4 5 4 10 3+/4+
Wargear
Chuk Norris & Mr. T are armed with Fists of Fury, Jack Bauer carries an autopistol, and Vin Diesel has Night Goggles. In addition, Chuck Norris, Mr. T, The Fonz, and Vin Diesel all have Cool Rays, and so count as being armed with Hell Pistols.

Independant Characters: The Warriors of Legend count as a single squad, and so are all deployed at the same time, but they are each Independant characters and do not need to remain within squad coherency. (and indeed, it is beneficial for them not to, as per the "cool overload" rule below)

Special Rules:
Cool Overload: Such is the amount of Cool that each warrior exudes, that if the stay in close proximity to each other they risk damaging the very fabric of reality. If two Warriors of Legend come within 6" of each other, immediatly roll a d6, on a 1 place the 7" blast template so that both warriors of legend are covered by the template. All models under the template (including the Warriors of Legend are immediatly removed as casualties. Any model partially under the template is removed on a 4+. You must also take a Cool Overload test at teh start of any turn where 2 Warriors of Legend are within 6" of each other, and if more than 2 Warriors are within 6" of each other, increase the failure number by 1. (so if 3 Warriors are within 6" of each other, the test fails on a 1 or 2, 4 warriors will cause the test to fail on a 1 2 or 3, etc)

Creatures of Legend: The Warriors of Legend are not truly human, and so always ignore affects which kill them outright (i.e. Gift of Chaos, Force weapons, etc), with the single exception of the Cool Overload rule above.

Fists of Fury: Such is the power wielded by the Warriors of Legend that their blows can crack ceramite and shatter plasteel. Chuck Norris and Mr. T both count as being armed with power weapons.

Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris may choose to forego his regular attacks in any assault phase and instead make a single round house kick. He will immediatly do d6 strength D attacks to each unit engaged in close combat with him.

Expert Marksman: Jack Bauer nearly always hits what he shoots at, his pistol has the followng profile and always wounds on a 3+.
Code:
Range S AP Type
Autopistol 48" 7 2 Assault 2

Pity the Foo: Such is the pity Mr. T feels for the foos around him that he actually begins to damage their self esteem. Any unit in an assault involving Mr. T suffers -1 Leadership and has their weapon skill halved.

The Touch: If the Fonz ends his movement within 6" of a friendly tank he may use The Touch in your shooting phase, instead of firing his cool rays. Roll a D6, on anything but a 1 the tank instantly removes any immobilized or armament destroyed results it may have suffered, but the crew counts as shaken until the end of the shooting phase.

Eeehhh: Such is the coolness of the Fonz that even his sworn enemies may be swayed to his cause for a short time. For each model attempting to attack the Fonz, roll a D6, on a 4+ the attack is resolved against the attackers unit instead. If the attacker is an independant character the attack is resolved against themselves as they fall on their own swords for daring to consider striking The Fonz.

Night Goggles: Vin Diesel and any unit he joins ignores night fighting, and any abillity which requires a roll to determine targeting range. (such as a harlequin's Veil of Tear or the Grey Knight's Shrouding)

Tag Along Legend: No one is sure how vin Diesel qualified to be a warrior of legend. If vin diesel is in line of sight to any squad, they may use his ledership for moral checks, however, any squad he joins is at -2 leadership as they realise they've been saddled with the wussy legend.

Fixer
05-05-2009, 23:50
Really Chuck Norris only needs one special rule:

Spin kick:
The army with Chuck Norris wins before game setup.

If the opposing army also has Chuck Norris then Chuck Norris wins. Everyone else in the world loses.

Irondog
06-05-2009, 04:46
Indeed, gribbly monsters suffer from the same "Law of Inverse Power" as Ninjas. The more monsters present, the less sneaky and/or dangerous they become. For example, compare the 2nd Alien movie to the 1st and 3rd. :D

Or it could just be that the "single alien" in the 1st and 3rd movies were up against a starship crew and a bunch of convicts respectively. Both groups were minimally armed and their combat training would be questionable at best.

In the second movie however, the protagonists were a bunch of well-trained, heavily-armed badass colonial marines. These guys go on 'bug hunts' for a living. Just food for thought.

deathwing_marine
06-05-2009, 05:10
Can anyone figure out how the flamer is supposed to work?

CrownAxe
06-05-2009, 05:11
Its stupid however as nothing else is 'movie x'.

That's the point though, its the SM's movie, they're suppose to win against the wimpy bad guys

Hellebore
06-05-2009, 06:10
The Eldar Movie would be like all Samurai movies, one Autarch travelling the galaxy besting all before him with his trusty katana of mysterious but important origin.

Hellebore

Poseidal
06-05-2009, 08:08
Or movie Phoenix Lords:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196599

Well, concepts for the movie there. :D

Zaonite
06-05-2009, 11:15
Can anyone figure out how the flamer is supposed to work?

I think it works like the chimera flame template.

You place the thin end of the template within the max range and then pivot it from that point so that the big end isn't nearer than the thin end.
Then resolve as normal. I'd say anything under is auto hit as per 5th ed rules and wounds on 4+ with 6 ignoring armour. (you could use the rules as stated but it would make sense to update them to be compatible with 5th)

deathwing_marine
07-05-2009, 00:44
Theres more to it though, something about models staying on fire.

Gensuke626
07-05-2009, 02:21
Having actually read the Movie Marines list last night (I have WD300) I can easily say that the flamer has NOTHING to do with the flamer template. I think It just hits everything within 24". I'll have to go back and make sure it's not single squad within 24", but I know it has nothing to do with the template.

Oh, and the chainsword entry is wrong. It's a power weapon that makes the Sgt. count as double wounds when counting outnumbering. Since that rule is defunct, I'd errata it so that each wound it causes counts as 2 for the purposes of Combat Resolution.