PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point vampire count list for campaign

Jeloomber
06-05-2009, 01:41
my group are running a campaign starting in june. the rules are 2000 points with restrictions on magic items (two for the lord and one for each hero) other magic items i.e banners are earned through winning games. here is my 2000 VC list. comments and pointers wanted.

Vampire lord
+1 magic level
forbidden lore
dark acolyte
lord of the dead
black periapt
flayed hauberk

vampire hero
dark acolyte
talisman of protection

necromancer
+1 spell
dispel scroll

20 zombies w/ standard

20 zombies w/ standard

19 skeletons w/ full command

20 skeletons w/ full command

20 skeletons w/ full command and spears

9 dire wolves

14 grave guard w/ full command

vargulf

total 2000

pd = 9
dd = 6

zeekill
06-05-2009, 01:47
Ok you used WAAAAAAY too much for core units. Remove 2-3 of those units and put in more powerful things or you will be crushed. I would suggest getting rid of the 2x 19 skeletons and one zombie unit and putting in some more Special and Rare Chioces, especially either Blood Knights or Cairn Wraiths and definitely another unit of grave guard.

RossS
06-05-2009, 18:40
my group are running a campaign starting in june. the rules are 2000 points with restrictions on magic items (two for the lord and one for each hero) other magic items i.e banners are earned through winning games. here is my 2000 VC list. comments and pointers wanted.

Vampire lord
+1 magic level
forbidden lore
dark acolyte
lord of the dead
black periapt
flayed hauberk

vampire hero
dark acolyte
talisman of protection

necromancer
+1 spell
dispel scroll

20 zombies w/ standard

20 zombies w/ standard

20 skeletons w/ full command

20 skeletons w/ full command and spears

9 dire wolves

14 grave guard w/ full command

vargulf

total 2000

pd = 9
dd = 6

This seems like a very decent and humane Vampire Counts list. Your opponents will not hate you after facing it.

That said, I think there are ways that we can improve it without making it agonizing to play against. I would, firstly, like to see the Skeleton units consolidated. I think two are all you need, with 25 in each will be sufficient. With your low PD you will have dificulty replacing casualties and moving your horde at the same time. Keep the zombies. I love 'em.

I would add both a second unit of Dire Wolves (necessary for what I plan to do) and a unit of Fell Bats. I like the flexibility that they offer.

I am not a huge fan of Grave Gaurd. They can hit hard, but I prefer the mobility of Black Knights. They would also be cheaper and more flexible. Your opponent could (given your low PD) avoid the Grave Guard entirely. If you are dead-set on including them, they need to be increased in number. Again, 20-25 should be sufficient.

The Varghulf is a good pick. He works well in tandem with Black Knights and Dire Wolves.

If you can, given your core-heavy composition, the Helm would be a good purchase. Your skeletons would be more durable.

And consider purchasing a Wight Lord to lead the cavalry. There is no better Hero choice on the planet.

Good luck!

CrimsonLord
10-05-2009, 22:09
You might want to add cairn wraiths with a banshee. I've given up on fielding zombies from the start of the game unless you have a vampire with the helm of commandment, otherwise I would start summoning them in the first round.

Kill-Freedom
11-05-2009, 09:01
Hate to say this but this list fails pretty badly, and would get walked over really easily............

Cut your skeletons down to 10 men each and have at list a VL, and 2 lvl 2 vapires with dark acolyte and lord of the dead, to summon right to them 1st turn, try and get a unit of 20 grave gaurd, and either black knights or blood knights, even one is fine, but blood knights are prefered, but rather fragile to enemy magic and shooting and very costly, ensuring they reach comabt fast is a must

Never under estimate blood drinker, its the best magic sword in the game ^^

Corpse cart is also useful, the amount of times my single cart has made my enemies fail spells has more then made up for it, and the ASF bound spell it has, adds to your magic phase, which helps greatly, as it will even go off, or draw out a dispel dice :D

bork da basher
11-05-2009, 09:15
get rid of zombies, you can summon them for nothing. get rid of 2 units of skeletons and cut the others down to 14 with full command. increase your graveguard to 19 and put a vampire in there. buy another vampire, get a corpse cart and some fells bats or try and find room for some blood knights maybe. the army is a true horde but you lack any kind of punch and you dont possess enough magic to reliably keep all those units fighting and reinforced.

its a very inoffensive list and no one could complain but if your going all horde you NEED maximum magic to keep it going.