PDA

View Full Version : (SBG) Vikings!

korskarnkai
06-05-2009, 06:55
I want to do Dunlendings for my evil LotR GT force and want to make sure I have a decent enough list before I spend all that money on metal minis. The basic idea is using the Dunlendings as a sort of viking raider force rather than the film's homeless looking depiction. I might even make a longboat for them in the future. :)

I also want a Nazgul in the army to represent them being manipulated by Sauron. Not sure which one though.

So far I have:

Royalblood chief (2 hand weapon) - 75

Huscarl with banner - 34

huscarls (2 handed weapons) x 16 - 165

Dunlending warriors (shield) x 16 - 144

Dunlending archers x 16 - 144

That leaves 138 points for a mounted nazgul. I'm leaning towards either the dark marshal or the shadow lord.

jaws900
09-05-2009, 18:09
I would go with the Dark Marshal as the Shadow lords effect is best ued for light cavalary or for guarding eilte archers/siege engines. Which your army has none of all 3. I might suggest some uruk-hai here and there as they where spered on to war again by Saruman. It would also add some massive muscle and also would reduce on the costs for getting 16 Dunderling warriors with shield.
Other than that it's really good. I've never really looked favorlaby at Dunderland but this force could do well.

Chainaxe07
10-05-2009, 10:01
A ship for the Dunlandings?
Huh, just remember they are hillmen!
As for your list i find it difficult to comment, as we ont know (yet) full rules and profiles for royalblood troops and heroes.
Hope they could give the dunlendings some bite.

IllidanStormrage
19-05-2009, 10:37
dude, this sounds awesome a wild men of dunland army!