PDA

View Full Version : Chaos lord on juggernaut load out?

Epyonliu
06-05-2009, 13:21
Well it's true that many chaos players don't like chaos lord much and either prefer exalted heros or named characters. But I love the look of lord on juggernaut! :) It's really fantastic IMO and I just can't pass it. On the other hand, I did some careful comparison between lord on juggernaut and named characters and I have to say that from my point of view, if those characters worth the points, then so does lord and his lovely juggernaut :)

So do you have any idea or suggestions on how to equip him? I'm planning to spend up to 380 points on him which means nearly full equiped, so you can suggest any gift/item from the list! :) Make him a great killer to benefit from the eye of the gods XD

My previous thought was: Lord on juggernaut + MoK = 275; demonsword, enchanted shield and favour of gods.

But I suddenly found that enchanted shield is a "armour" -_- Why is that? Does that mean I have to choose between this shield and chaos armour? Well chaos armour is obviously better...

Harwammer
06-05-2009, 13:25
You're only allowed one shield and one armour (only one of which can be magical). Seeing as chaos armour isn't 'Magic Armour' you may have both.

Classical Mushroom
06-05-2009, 13:34
This is my Chaos Lord build

Chaos lord
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Enchanted Shield
Necrotic Phylactery
Favour of the Gods

Only 350pts

He has 6 str 6 attacks with Killing blow. A whooping -1+ armour save, hes also immune to Lore of death and nurgle and passes all Charateristic tests apart for LD tests.

Also you could give him gifts if you have points to spare

PeG
06-05-2009, 14:37
Go for it, its a nice model that is good at killing things. Not as efficient in tournament play as a lvl 4 gateway spam but much more fun for everybody involved.

EvC
06-05-2009, 14:47
This is my Chaos Lord build

Chaos lord
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Enchanted Shield
Necrotic Phylactery
Favour of the Gods

Only 350pts

He has 6 str 6 attacks with Killing blow. A whooping -1+ armour save, hes also immune to Lore of death and nurgle and passes all Charateristic tests apart for LD tests.

I think that the Phylactery and Favour are both enchanted items, so you can't have both. I might be wrong as I'm not looking at my book, but the build is so similar to mine that I probably would have added the Phylactery to my Lord too if it was legal... so it's probably ;)

But anyway yeah, that's my exact build (minus Phylactery). I've had High Elf Princes on Star Dragons running scared from him, he's that tough. I would also like to add Word of Agony to my Lord, but that makes him even more expensive, and isn't "fluffy".

Epyonliu
06-05-2009, 15:31
You're only allowed one shield and one armour (only one of which can be magical). Seeing as chaos armour isn't 'Magic Armour' you may have both.

But still the enchanted shield is a magic "armour". It is said that I can't have an armour AND a magic armour at the same time. So I can't have enchanted shield while I have already got chaos armour?

nas
06-05-2009, 15:41
Favour of the gods are Enchanted Items. Nec. Phylactery are a Talisman, so they can both be combined.

Mullitron
06-05-2009, 15:51
Personaly i like:

Chaos lord
Mark of khorne
Juggernaught of khorne
Chaos runesword
chaos runeshield

The shield negates enemy magical weapons which combined with his impressive save makes him very hard to kill and with his mark and sword he puts put seven strength seven ws 9 attacks.

Witchblade
06-05-2009, 16:33
But still the enchanted shield is a magic "armour". It is said that I can't have an armour AND a magic armour at the same time. So I can't have enchanted shield while I have already got chaos armour?
The enchanted shield's magic item category is 'magic armour', but it's mundane category is 'shield'. Chaos armour has no magic item category and it's mundane category is 'armour'.

Epyonliu
06-05-2009, 16:49
Personaly i like:

Chaos lord
Mark of khorne
Juggernaught of khorne
Chaos runesword
chaos runeshield

The shield negates enemy magical weapons which combined with his impressive save makes him very hard to kill and with his mark and sword he puts put seven strength seven ws 9 attacks.

Why is strength seven?

isidril93
06-05-2009, 18:10
i think the chaos runesword

Epyonliu
06-05-2009, 18:24
Well runesword only +1 str. Chaos lord has base str 5. So that should be str 6?

Dag
06-05-2009, 18:28
runeshield runesword is the best combo for hero fighting, obviously. but with killing blow he can mulch almost anything, runeshield / axe of khorn may be a good one

Mullitron
06-05-2009, 18:28
yes its strength 6 sos i was talking to someone about strength 7 attacks as i was typing :p

EvC
06-05-2009, 18:35
Favour of the gods are Enchanted Items. Nec. Phylactery are a Talisman, so they can both be combined.

Awesome, gotta try it sometime. Thanks! :)

Epyonliu
06-05-2009, 18:38
runeshield runesword is the best combo for hero fighting, obviously. but with killing blow he can mulch almost anything, runeshield / axe of khorn may be a good one

Hum runeshield looks great. All attackers in base contact with him will only have normal attacks so that his high toughness and extremly high armour save will definately save the day :)

EvC
06-05-2009, 18:49
...until you fight Dark Elf Assassins and Daemons. I've never been in a situation where I've needed my Lord to negate an enemy's magic weapon- ok, once or twice Ogres with Tenderisers gave me the heebie-jeebies, but each time the Chaos Lord came out on top with a shiny new Eye of the Gods roll :)

Dag
06-05-2009, 22:35
rune shields are best used as lord fighter items, taking away a 125point magic axe from a dwarf lord is nice, or even some orcs, screamin sword is nasty. all in how u want ur lord to run

Isabel
07-05-2009, 02:00
Yea, I love the model for this guy.
Here's another question that pertains to this topic. How do you use your Khorne lord on Juggy? In what unit do you field him to be more specific.

I fell in love with WoC just because of this model and the lord on Daemonic mount but cant seem to find a way to field them that is effective. In a unit of knights? He has to be at the end or it just isnt worth the points. So I try this set up and several times the lord was to far out to take part in the combat.

How do you field him while maximizing his effectiveness? Maybe in a minimum size unit of knights? Unfortunatly, the jugg just doesnt make up for the extra knight you could be pushing out of combat.

Oh, and I recently started fielding my Jugg lord very plain. Flail, Shield, Favour. Save myself ~100 points to use towards.... more knights!

But decked out lords on the jugg are always fun for friendly games.

Classical Mushroom
07-05-2009, 02:28
I think that the Phylactery and Favour are both enchanted items, so you can't have both. I might be wrong as I'm not looking at my book, but the build is so similar to mine that I probably would have added the Phylactery to my Lord too if it was legal... so it's probably ;)

The Phylactery is a talisman. ;)

You've been missing out on a trick my friend :p

Dexter099
07-05-2009, 02:38
Personaly i like:

Chaos lord
Mark of khorne
Juggernaught of khorne
Chaos runesword
chaos runeshield

I prefer MoT on a barded warhorse with the Aethersword.

Havock
07-05-2009, 18:29

No, it's a shield, it is considered armour because it, well, is, but read the bok about magical shields and armour.

_Kalas_
08-05-2009, 14:13
If You love model so much [as I do ;) ] make him an exalted bsb, with war banner for example, [starts with 2 static cr], or any gear You like.
I run mine with 8 warhounds, just for warooooof sir! rule, he fights on his own.

Daniel Skaven Blight
08-05-2009, 16:41
For my Lord of Chaos I use
Mark of Tzeench
Talisman Protection (Becomes a 5+ ward)
Skinhidden Plate
Barded Steed
Shield
Hand Weapon for 0+ Armour save
or Sword of Battle/Might or Biting Blade
344 or 319 depending on what you choose

EvC
08-05-2009, 17:08
1+ save either way, you don't get HW/shield bonus when mounted. T6 is nice but so not worth 60 points :(

Epyonliu
08-05-2009, 19:45
Yes 60 points for T6 is not so good IMO. Better be regeneration or runeshield. Runeshield is quite great in terms of hero hunting. But I think sometimes it's just hard for your opponents having heavily armed CC heros because many players tend to use magic based heros more. Well that is what I feel. Maybe it's because in CC things sometimes get more "unpredictable" than magic miscast :) For example, you may spend many points on killing blow or poisoned attack and such, but your opponent may JUST bring with his hero a decent killing blow protection armour which does nothing else :) In such situation, you just feel bad, really bad... So it's not easy to build an all-comers list and you will probably find that you are trying to have a glance of your opponent's list beforehand which is not so friendly... However, I myself prefer CC because that makes my blood boiling. My lord may be insta killed by DE assassin but that is just cool! Like watching a movie~

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
09-05-2009, 10:06
Crown of everlasting conquest and Runeshield.
1+/save 4+/reg and no magical weapons in CC.
Now you won't die in a very long time :p

W0lf
09-05-2009, 10:34
But you wont be killing anything anyway so thats 400pts of 0 CR?

Brilliant idea.

changer of fate
09-05-2009, 10:43
I have been told that a lord isn't worth it at all

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
09-05-2009, 11:54
Since when do 6 st5 attacks kill nothing?
Sure, might not be worth it.
But atleast your 400pt investment won't get his head cut off that easily.

And yes, he could be killy-er. Or, you could just take 2 exalted and save yourself the trouble.

EvC
09-05-2009, 13:13
6 S5 attacks is what you get from 2 Knights of Khorne, costing ~100 points. Don't pay 400 points for that, it's silly.

championofkhorne
10-05-2009, 18:33
for the actual question in the OP

Chaos Runesword
Armor of Morrslieb
Favour of the Gods

Gives you a nice balance of offense and defense, as well as being able to choose (limited) the gift you get for EotG table

then i adjust for the army, maybe a runeshield if the army has lots of magic wpns like dwarves.(ok they are runic but you get the idea

necroyp
11-05-2009, 06:18
Only problem with the rune shield is that it does not affect greater demons. As I face greater demons regularly I never take the shield :(

Demons the blue vein of warhammer.

championofkhorne
11-05-2009, 21:21
agreed, those Daemonic gifts are pretty ridiculous as there are 0 options to help against them.

championofkhorne
11-05-2009, 21:24
I have been told that a lord isn't worth it at all

well, I cant say I agree just because I have, on several occasions, use my mounted lord as a destructive flanking force, as seeing that most of the combats my warriors are in they are either winning or just barely losing, and a mounted lord comng crashing into the flank of the enemy gives them the edge they need to rip through the unit.

Usually I then pursue into other units because of the 3d6 pursuit dice

Althwen
12-05-2009, 12:32
Runesword + Crown of Conquest is all that's needed to get the job done. Especially if u give your Lord the mark of Khorne, this guy can take on almost anything and everything with all of his mundane armour making him 1+armour save and the crown giving him 4+ regen. 7 str 6 attacks at weapon skill 9 make even lords on dragons think twice about taking you on.

Runeshield is an item I don't even take into consideration, but that may be due to my regular opponents, which of late include only Daemons, HE and DE. And both HE and DE have a tendency to be packin' a huge amount of armour and ward saves, but almost no serious magical weapons save the occasional sword of might... SO any HE Prince you just wanna smack as hard and often as you can, and any 'reverse-ward-save DE Lord'... well, just target his dragon for combat resolution :P