PDA

View Full Version : 40k in Germany

juggalo4life84
06-05-2009, 18:02
I just found out I am on orders for Germany, more specificaly smith barracks. I was just wondering if there is an active gaining community there.

CplHicks
06-05-2009, 18:41
Indeed there is, depending on the place you are. Every major city should give you access to a GW store and thus, players. If you are talking about Smiths Barracks in Baumholder, this might be a little more tricky as you are basically in the middle of nowhere. ;-) I think I've been there once during my army time. Can't really remember though. Kaiserlautern is just 56 km away though so you should be fine.

There a some german online fora where you could ask for players. For example www.gw-fanworld.de

Techgardist
06-05-2009, 18:48
Are you looking for a community at your barracks or just in the general area? If it is the second a townname would probably be helpfull.

Bloodknight
06-05-2009, 18:50
Germany has quite a lot of 40K players, you should find some everywhere. Where are you going to be?

Corrode
06-05-2009, 18:56
It's in Baumholder. I did a quick Google search but couldn't find much.

CraftworldsRus
06-05-2009, 19:10
Well I know there is at least a couple US soldiers there that play, as I have shipped out E-bay orders to the base more then once.

Bloodknight
06-05-2009, 19:16
Baumholder...well, that is a bit off the road, but you should still be able to find players in Rhineland-Palatinate; Ramstein (more Americans ;)) and Kaiserslautern are not far away.

tuebor
06-05-2009, 19:49
I'm sure there's a gaming community somewhere on post. When I was stationed at Ray Barracks in Friedberg there were about 15 or 20 guys who would play. Of course, we had the added luxury of being so close to Frankfurt that we were never hurting for people to play with.

I really suggest trying to get into the local gaming scene. It's a great opportunity to make friends and start to learn the language. From what I could tell nearly all Germans under the age of 40 or so spoke rather good English and were quite happy to oblige if you don't speak German.

juggalo4life84
06-05-2009, 20:54
thank you very much for the quick responses. still unsure if im going to germany actualy. if i get selected for psyops then that will over ride my assignment. if not then germany here i come.

any advice on how to package thousands of points of 40k armies? i really hope the movers dont break my stuff.

aberrant_unc
06-05-2009, 21:04
Soft foam always, never bubblewrap... I just got some stuff from ebay that was bubble wrapped and every single model needs reglued in some way...