PDA

View Full Version : GT result's anywhere?

Lordy
06-05-2009, 19:53
I have been looking around for GT results but can't find anything anywhere, the Warhammer World website is under construction sadly.

Does anyone know how the Irish GT went the other day?

Nuada
06-05-2009, 20:17
I googled it, is this the right link?

http://www.kpartsonline.com/wordpress/?p=217

(if so, there was alot of people taking daemon armies)

stonetroll
06-05-2009, 20:21
not as many daemons as I expected though and kudos to that OK player at spot #10!!

Nuada
06-05-2009, 20:29
And two wood elves in the top ten. 4th is a good result

LKHERO
06-05-2009, 20:31
They need to fire Matt Ward for being a total failure of a book designer.

Look at this metagame... it's so utterly stupid.

He basically f'd it up for everyone for the next 10 years.. because every new book will have to be stronger or else the metagame will stay the same for god knows when.

Stmr5000
06-05-2009, 20:34
What? No empire until 47TH !!! They're doing it wrong!

Cats Laughing
06-05-2009, 20:43
Tomb Kings dead last
Goblins in bottom 10
High Elves and Lizards 24 and 25
Not an orc player in the bunch...

Sad really

Lordy
06-05-2009, 21:16
Sad indeed, i think GW needs to just admit it ****ed up and re-write the daemons book, it's destroying the game.

Thank's by the way for posting the link! I did expect GW to have some sort of result's page for their own big tournaments, sadly not.

CaliforniaGamer
06-05-2009, 21:40
I googled it, is this the right link?

http://www.kpartsonline.com/wordpress/?p=217

(if so, there was alot of people taking daemon armies)

Fascinating to see Ogres have as many top 10 finishes as Counts yet continously read whiney web threads about how broken the Counts are...:wtf:

THE only army with the consistent top 3 finishes worldwide is DoC, there is no VC-DOC joint hegemony, it's pure a DOC superpower.

Erie Ed
06-05-2009, 22:03
skaven in 7th and dwarfs in 11th :)

Storak
06-05-2009, 22:07
Fascinating to see Ogres have as many top 10 finishes as Counts yet continously read whiney web threads about how broken the Counts are...:wtf:

THE only army with the consistent top 3 finishes worldwide is DoC, there is no VC-DOC joint hegemony, it's pure a DOC superpower.

vampires have a very strong book, while the ogre one is horrible.

if you think that a single army in a top ten in a single tournament is a good argument, you might want to do some learning on statistics....

O&G still don t show up in numbers and perform horrible. trend confirmed...

CaliforniaGamer
06-05-2009, 22:55
vampires have a very strong book, while the ogre one is horrible.

if you think that a single army in a top ten in a single tournament is a good argument, you might want to do some learning on statistics....

Not a question of whether the book is strong, its a question of whether VC belongs in the same rarified "layer cake" as DoC, which frankly it doesnt.

Ive seen some meta-analysis of European based tournament data but even a amateurish look at say the last 5 US GTs doesnt indicate any particular VC dominance to a level that would explain most net board whinespam.

Mireadur
06-05-2009, 23:24
I see Luke Skywalker finished 12th!

PARTYCHICORITA
07-05-2009, 01:57
I would love to see the skaven and ogre lists that made it to the top 10.

BrazenSix
07-05-2009, 02:22
Goblins at the bottom. ;(

Witchblade
07-05-2009, 02:23
Professional tournament results from the last months make me sad... so many armies are completely ****ed in tournaments. DoC really needs a new army book.

Lord Dan
07-05-2009, 02:24
Brets pulling in 13th!

Dark14
07-05-2009, 04:06
so many daemons total to everyone is bringing them to tournies now. they are the only army that has a OP porblem some are hard to beat but daemons are winning with horrid players using no tactics almost all games. you try to make a bad list with them its actually hard to do.

Darkspear
07-05-2009, 05:12
3 weeks ago I borrowed my friend's daemon army and fought against his own mighty VC. I lost 500 points and he lost everything. Banner of sundering break the VC resurrection spam.

I may win the game but I am a true loser (coz a part of me got so devastated by the knowledge that such a cheesy army exist in warhammer).

Pulsks
07-05-2009, 05:28
Is there a place to see their lists?

fubukii
07-05-2009, 09:10
3 weeks ago I borrowed my friend's daemon army and fought against his own mighty VC. I lost 500 points and he lost everything. Banner of sundering break the VC resurrection spam.

I may win the game but I am a true loser (coz a part of me got so devastated by the knowledge that such a cheesy army exist in warhammer).

banner of sundering doesnt work vs invocation you have played that game wrong.

Matt1982
07-05-2009, 10:54
Beasts in at #31, well done that man!

selone
07-05-2009, 10:58
go go more result interpretations.

fubukii
07-05-2009, 12:41
unless everyone plays at a gt level of gaming these results dont really matter.

Ixquic
07-05-2009, 12:52
banner of sundering doesnt work vs invocation you have played that game wrong.

Yeah I got screwed in a tourney before that faq came out. I made the same argument that the faq did but I got overruled by the judges. I didn't want to complain since I was also benefiting from the fact they were letting me invocate into units in combat regardless of that retarded oversight...

But yeah I know a guy that supposedly is going to ask Mat Ward what his deal is at Gameday this Saturday. I hope he has the guts/opportunity. If you go to a GW and see the little flier they have for Gamesday it has a bio for him since he's going to be a special guest. It's all about how he fights ninjas and pirates, comically worships Cthulu and other stupid stuff like that so it cements my opinion that he's an idiotic douche.

Mireadur
07-05-2009, 14:05
Id like Ward would read often these forums, not for us to enjoy his bashing knowing he reads, but for him to learn from mistakes. After all its both hardass and purist players who criticize his work.

WarlockOMork
07-05-2009, 14:33
poor goblins :(

Egor
07-05-2009, 15:18
So why hasn't anyone jumped on the DoC player that finished 44th?

WarlockOMork
07-05-2009, 16:06
hm.. good point,

that would prove its more dificult then just plopping your demons on the table and pushing them forward.

probaly not a lot more difficult.... but still.

CaliforniaGamer
07-05-2009, 16:11
hm.. good point,

that would prove its more dificult then just plopping your demons on the table and pushing them forward.

Naw, last big tournament I went to there was 11ish-year old whos Dad had brought him with a solid Daemon army because he knew even if the kid just moved crap randomly forward and rolled dice, he could win a game or 2.

I wouldnt be suprised if that is the case here as well.

Mireadur
07-05-2009, 16:35
hm.. good point,

Really bad dice? :p

IF you combine this with bad playing im sure even the strongest daemon army will lose easily (but bad dice has to be a factor! :p)

LKHERO
07-05-2009, 16:55
Naw, last big tournament I went to there was 11ish-year old whos Dad had brought him with a solid Daemon army because he knew even if the kid just moved crap randomly forward and rolled dice, he could win a game or 2.

I wouldnt be suprised if that is the case here as well.

Sounds like the dumbest army ever created.

PeG
07-05-2009, 17:34
It would also be interesting to hear what match ups the OK and top skaven players had. If they were lucky not to face any of the good daemon lists or really good players. Good job anyway. Also the daemon player at 44 might have been unlucky to only play other daemons.

Dungeon_Lawyer
07-05-2009, 17:45
so many daemons total to everyone is bringing them to tournies now. they are the only army that has a OP porblem some are hard to beat but daemons are winning with horrid players using no tactics almost all games. you try to make a bad list with them its actually hard to do.

It should practically be an unspoken rule. Until players at Tournies start giving Doc players (viz. powergamers :p) 0 for compostion scoring points, DoC are going to continue to rack up the battle points and pull away in the total points standing because of it.

You play DoC fine, but its 0 comp.

Nuada
07-05-2009, 17:52
Also the daemon player at 44 might have been unlucky to only play other daemons.

Maybe he didn't even turn up :D

I know a guy who took part in a UK GT 2 yrs ago, he almost lost to someone that wasn't even there!! (or so he told me) Apparently you get 0 points if you miss a game, and your opponent gets a massacre. This guy was getting negative points each game.

I'm not 100% sure how they work, so could be a lie, but it made me laugh :D

Mireadur
07-05-2009, 20:50
BTW, just to point something out some people are easily oversighting.

Daemons are not the only OP army, look at it this way: If there was not Daemon army, the people actually exploiting them would be using instead DE and VC with similar results (although i agree it wouldnt be so easy).

Veloxnex
07-05-2009, 20:57
It should practically be an unspoken rule. Until players at Tournies start giving Doc players (viz. powergamers :p) 0 for compostion scoring points, DoC are going to continue to rack up the battle points and pull away in the total points standing because of it.

You play DoC fine, but its 0 comp.

there was no comp, i've never been to or heard of a tourny in here, ireland, with one, except that we'll be having one at Warpcon in UCC next January.

CaliforniaGamer
07-05-2009, 21:16
BTW, just to point something out some people are easily oversighting.

Daemons are not the only OP army, look at it this way: If there was not Daemon army, the people actually exploiting them would be using instead DE and VC with similar results (although i agree it wouldnt be so easy).

I dont agree with this. For instance in this tournament, had there been no DoC at positions 1-3 and 5, then Wood Elves, Skaven OR DEs could have theoretically won not including all the permutations where the DoC players knocked otherwise solid non-DoC armies.

That is a HUGE increase in the diversity of the results right there refuting your idea VC/DE would auto-win if DoC was absent. I dont see how you are drawing that conclusion.

Veloxnex
07-05-2009, 21:32
he's saying its not the armies but those who powergame and break them would use something else.

if the daemon book dissapered tonight, people tournaments would, likely, be dominated by the next biggest cheesewhorefest army

Lord Dan
08-05-2009, 03:56
if the daemon book dissapered tonight, people tournaments would, likely, be dominated by the next biggest cheesewhorefest army

I got all excited for a moment. I then re-read your post and saw the word "if"... :p

Nuada
08-05-2009, 08:50
I think they should have made the DoC all mono God armies.

(and furies count as being allied to any God)

reds8n
08-05-2009, 08:56
I have been looking around for GT results but can't find anything anywhere, the Warhammer World website is under construction sadly.

Does anyone know how the Irish GT went the other day?

The Warhammer World site generally only carries results for events held in that location. For future reference you can find said results here (
http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/events.html), hope that's of some use.:)

EDIT revised link (http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/events.html)

WarlockOMork
08-05-2009, 13:04
your link doesnt seem to work :(

Shiodome
08-05-2009, 13:24
the fact that 20% of the attendees took the same army, presumably because they perceived that army gave them the best chance, kinda says it all... though with that % surely it starts becoming feasbile to heavily tailor your army vs daemons and place highly?

Ixquic
08-05-2009, 14:02
the fact that 20% of the attendees took the same army, presumably because they perceived that army gave them the best chance, kinda says it all... though with that % surely it starts becoming feasbile to heavily tailor your army vs daemons and place highly?

I'm not sure what type of army you can tailor to really get an advantage over demons...

Maybe some sort of super gunline and hope you get a lucky first round of shooting or something. Or maybe the dark elf ninja star rain of death.

reds8n
08-05-2009, 14:10
your link doesnt seem to work :(

Wierd was earlier...

take two (http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/events.html)

scroll down to the bottom

Ultimo ninja
08-05-2009, 14:26
Sweet mother of god.

Really.

Demons have to be nerfed. I play WOC, highest for this army is 39. That doesnt bother me at all. What does bother me is the absolute dominance of demons. I did not want to belive all the talk about them being broken. After seeing this...I understand.

Massive props to the wood elf player.

Shiodome
08-05-2009, 14:27
an betting there were hardly any elves in the wood elf list :P more a 'wood player'

selone
08-05-2009, 14:40
I'm not sure what type of army you can tailor to really get an advantage over demons...

Maybe some sort of super gunline and hope you get a lucky first round of shooting or something. Or maybe the dark elf ninja star rain of death.

Horde armies with many low s attacks? Reduce the ward save to light armour and a shield.

Ixquic
08-05-2009, 14:44
Horde armies with many low s attacks? Reduce the ward save to light armour and a shield.

I'm not sure what type of Demon armies are popular in tournaments right now but a horde army with low leadership would probably be run off the board by an army with the Masque, Banner of Despair and a Keeper.

selone
08-05-2009, 14:47
They probably would do, aye. I'd hazard a guess it would be fairly brave to take a LD bomb build to tournaments chock full of ItP troops though.

Ixquic
08-05-2009, 14:53
I dunno. A lot of Slannesh's stuff affects ItP stuff. The Keeper requires leadership tests to attack it and can make units stupid and slicing shards needs a leadership test before it stops adding hits. ItP units are really only safe from the fear and terror aspect (which is another reason demons are so broken).

Lord Dan
08-05-2009, 16:29
an betting there were hardly any elves in the wood elf list :P more a 'wood player'

I actually doubt it. Tree spirit lists get rolled by anything that is ItP with a high S and magical attacks. Given the sickening number of Daemon armies present, I don't think such a list would have done well.

guillaume
08-05-2009, 17:29
I have had some outsdanding massacres with my OK army against daemons.

A full tyrant with D3 great weapon 5+ ward save and +1 toughness with stupidity
3 butchers, each with a dispel scroll, 1 with fistfull of laurels, 1 with bangstick, 1 with skull mantle
1 unit of 3 regular ogres (cause u have to)
3 units of 4 Ironguts
1 unit of 3 irongut (go with 1 butcher and tyrant)
2 units of 2 leadbelchers
2 gorgers

Hard hitting, cause fear (therefore not afraid) and highly potent magic. The general is a beast killer with St7 and T6, even a bloddthirster needs 4+ to wound. In fact, I took one down in 1 turn of combat. He charged me, I survived the onslaught, then wounded him twice, he failed to save and it became 5 wounds...bloodthirster out.

This is not an anti-daemon list. I would imagine that the OK player had a similar army. Lots of small units that can really put the hurt, the 2 gorgers can wreck havoc at the back too.

Dungeon_Lawyer
08-05-2009, 18:15

3 butchers, each with a dispel scroll, 1 with fistfull of laurels, 1 with bangstick, 1 with skull mantle
3 units of 4 Ironguts
2 gorgers

Hard hitting, cause fear (therefore not afraid) and highly potent magic. The general is a beast killer with St7 and T6, even a bloddthirster needs 4+ to wound. In fact, I took one down in 1 turn of combat. He charged me, I survived the onslaught, then wounded him twice, he failed to save and it became 5 wounds...bloodthirster out.

This is not an anti-daemon list. I would imagine that the OK player had a similar army. Lots of small units that can really put the hurt, the 2 gorgers can wreck havoc at the back too.

OOH it would be so great if OK lists like this start prooving to be highly effective vs DoC-to the point where as mentioned before, some "anti-DoC" army list rises and becomes the bane of DoC lists.

nas
08-05-2009, 18:21
Sweet mother of god.

Really.

Demons have to be nerfed. I play WOC, highest for this army is 39. That doesnt bother me at all. What does bother me is the absolute dominance of demons. I did not want to belive all the talk about them being broken. After seeing this...I understand.

Massive props to the wood elf player.

Wrong. Highest ranked WoC player was at 19th place.

Kevlar
09-05-2009, 05:54

3 units of 4 Ironguts
2 gorgers

There is a good post on the under empire about the tournament. The skaven player went against the ogre player and put up his list.

The thread is here: http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=28673