PDA

View Full Version : Making Zealots

Aryakas
22-12-2005, 04:32
I'm having some trouble figuring out what kits would mesh together well to create good Zealots for my Witchhunter force. I am considering crossing Catachans with Marauders (Feral Guardsmen I know) but it seems a little done and boring, I envision berserkers that aren't quite as scruffy looking as the ones you get from that combination.

Also, does anyone know of any sprues that come with lots of ammo belts? My plan for the Demagogue was a man with a large gun (storm bolter?) chained to his back with the belts wrapping around his torso so as to make the belts feeding across his chest spin him in combat at high speeds (mostly fluff but I like the idea).

starlight
22-12-2005, 05:05
Orks have ammo belts.

For Zealots, mix and match the IG Sprues. Painting them in more civilian colours will do alot.:D

Son of Morkai
22-12-2005, 06:59
For making cheap plastic zealots, I use High Elf Archers mixed with random Mordhiem, IG, and other sprues. A bit of putty on the head turns the hair into a hood, and from there it's only a step or to to making them look like Redemptionists or your other cowled Imperial fanatics of choice.

AgentZero
22-12-2005, 07:19
I used Flagellants, Dark Elf assassins , Sisters Repentia, Missionaries , and old Storm Troopers.
It wasn't pretty looking but provided the numbers I needed.

What I want to do is make 40 Zealots/Redemptionists with Catachans,Repentia, and Missionaries in a unified paint scheme.
Or Storm Troopers, not sure yet.

Barbarossa
22-12-2005, 08:05
I've just picked up Necromunda gangers and old Frateris Militia models, put them in units and had them led by imperial preachers like the roused rabble they are.

Griefbringer
22-12-2005, 12:08
If you are after zealots with beard and hair, look out for the White Wolf/Middenheim accessory sprue for some great hairy heads. Also the Empire militia head with a goatee beard goes fine with that.

For ammo belts, I have heard that done a two strips of thin aluminium foil, with a strip of greenstuff placed in between and then scored appropriately.

boogle
22-12-2005, 12:10
take a box of Empire Militia and add liberal sprinklings of Cadian, Catachan and Marauder Sprues, add in a few Necromunda models for taste and viola, instant Zealots

Okuto
22-12-2005, 12:15
Well, I used catachan and marauder parts along with zombie parts to make mine, their count as mutants but now that I have the rules they can be zealots!

MacVurrich
22-12-2005, 12:35
I've used the old Gorkka Morkka Diggers mixed with empire/milita/zombie sprues

Helicon_One
22-12-2005, 12:46
Necromunda Redemptionist and/or Cawdor gangers, although it helps if you can pick them up cheap somewhere. I've also used the old plastic Orlocks and called them Frateris Militia.

Tim

Aryakas
24-12-2005, 07:19
This is what I'm considering:

1 Militia Sprue: $8
1 Box of Marauders: $35
2 Catachan Sprues: $20
2 Archer Sprues: $20

That gives me enough for 2 Squads and I have some Cadian sprues lying around that I could throw into the mix as well to create a unique look. I'm wondering how I could go about representing pistols on some of the models as I'm sure there won't be enough to go around. Spears from the Dark Elf Warrior range combined with lasguns could make decent weapons and free up an arm for a shield or something else. Any thoughts?

MacVurrich
24-12-2005, 13:33
not sure about pistol apart from getting them from sprues. or gaming companies like EM-4 / heresey who do guns on their own.
Also if you points can afford it the Exterminators on the ends on the spears would look great ?

starlight
24-12-2005, 18:21
Although I *am* slow at responding due to a heavy workload these days, PM me regarding Catachan Sprues if you're interested in trading.... I have, erm, lots:eek:.

:D

Blackadder
26-12-2005, 11:00
What about both the Brettonian Men at Arms and Archers plastics?

Rhamag
26-12-2005, 14:04
I have plans to make Zealots from VC zombies - corpses animated by a bound alpha psyker in the inquisitor's retinue. If anyone's read Abnett's Eisenhorn trilogy, then think of the citizens controlled by the escaped alpha-level psykers. Except that they're dead...