PDA

View Full Version : Correlation between picts and minis

Benign
07-05-2009, 23:16
I was looking through a copy of the Imperial Guard codex today and noticed that the Leman Russ picture was kind of different than the current model. And the picture of Storm Troopers. Has anyone else noticed that new miniatures tend to closely resemble their codex pictures? What do the missing pictures mean?

Templar Ben
08-05-2009, 03:17
There is a discussion of the storm troopers. It may be.

I am curious why more wasn't released with the IG Codex. I think the were worried about dropped sales of the Valkyrie.

kultz
08-05-2009, 04:34
It appears that they have finally given up on forcing Kasyrkins as Stormtroopers, and went back to the older Inquisitorial Stormtrooper look.

"Oh, Cadians are so great, every one else wants to look like them, so infantry uniforms are standard issue."

"Erm, does every other planet also build Kasyrs and raise Kasyrkins?"

"Errm....Sure, everyone wants to live on permanent Space-Stalingrad."

MF3000
08-05-2009, 05:09
Cadian Kasrkins are hideous models. They are just ... bad bad bad bad bad bad designs. I don't like them one bit.

sj

crap, forgot to post this.

But I'm not sure if there is a correlation between pictures and un/released models... I wish it did tell us something more concrete; one thing I don't like about GW is their tendency to keep in closet their secret projects... just tell us for pete's sake!

sj