PDA

View Full Version : IG Valkerie gunner shoulderpads query

rev
08-05-2009, 17:19
Hi all,

Just took delivery of 2 Valkeries,

On opening the kit and beginning to put together the door gunners, I notice on one set of shoulderpads meaning you can't have shoulder pads on both gunners.

Am I correct?

I've searched the sprue, and checked the sprue picture and I can only see one pair of shoulder pads - which just seems weird to me.

Can anyone confirm?

Did a search fu for 'valkerie gunner' & 'valkerie gunners' but upturned nothing.

Rev

the1stpip
08-05-2009, 19:06
No, I have noticed the same on my kit, but as I am not having gunners, it won't be a problem.

rev
08-05-2009, 19:28
No, I have noticed the same on my kit, but as I am not having gunners, it won't be a problem.

And another thing, if you build it with TWO gunners, you can't fold them both in and close both doors as there aint enough room inside!

Spacker
08-05-2009, 19:28
It's possible that either the intention was to have pads only one gunner, or one pad on each (as one shoulder will be pointed towards the inside of the valk during normal forward firing only the outer shoulder needs protection, saving a bit of weight ... :rolleyes:). But it's also highly likely that they forgot to put the second pair on the sprue. I'll probably not have the pads on my gunners at all and instead use the skull motif pad for use in my IG command squads.

kendaop
08-05-2009, 21:07
Yeah, I noticed the shoulderpad thing, but I don't really care. They look fine either way, to me.

The door thing is pretty annoying though. It would be REALLY, REALLY handy if they both fit inside just fine. Because they don't, I've had to order some more magnets, so I can remove the gunners if I don't need them.

Jackmojo
08-05-2009, 21:12
I'm thinking of replacing the door gunners with some WWII Bomber style machine gun blisters myself, so they were just gonna go in the conversion box anyway...

Jack

Khornies & milk
08-05-2009, 21:37
I've gone a different route...I wanted my HB's to swing the whole way out the door, so haven't used the Gunners as holding the guns, they're in the back checking/lifting Ammo Boxes.

I've saved the S/Pads for other conversions.