PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points arnor

skarsniktheunclean
08-05-2009, 20:55
I really like the look of the warriors of arnor an i love the model of malbeth the seer,so ive made upa list that i wouldnt mind trying,the only problem is the warriors of arnor will cost me a fortune and with a 4 month old little girl,i dont think it will be happening any time soon.

but anyway here is the list

Royal guard of arnor
5 companies

rangers of arnor
3 companies
captain

rangers of arnor
3 companies
captain

wariors of arnor
3 companies
full command

wariors of arnor
3 companies
full command

thats 995 points

what should i add to make it upto 1500 point,and inkeeping with the arnor theme.

cheers
matt

Dragon Prince of Caledor
11-05-2009, 01:40
I suppose you could use Gondorians and/or Numenoreans and call them from one of the different kingdoms of arnor. I suppose you could buy into that. The elves of Lindon would also make sense, hobbits also fought at the battle of fornost so that would fit. Glorfindel let the force of elves from Imladris etc so I suppose you could use Galadrim too. Those are some ideas.

Jorgen_CAB
11-05-2009, 07:08
I'm not totally sure about theme, but I really think that Knights of Dol Amroth in the same green colour as the men of Arnor would look very nice in the army. You simply could name them Royal knights of Arnor or something like that.

Any of the fiefdom troops would suit the army as well I think. As would Galadrim elves and hobbits.
Rohan horsemen could probably be fitted in as well as regular riders of Men. Painted and modeled in a way to set them apart from Rohan.

In regard to the Royal Guard. I would replace the Seers stats with Cirdan and the King with Faramir or Isildur. That would make them Epic Heroes instead. The King would also benefit pretty well with the Inspiring Leader trait to oftest the low courage value of the Arnor troops. Will not work in a tournament, but in friendly play it should not be a problem.

someone2040
12-05-2009, 03:26
How about converting Minas Tirrith stuff into the Arnor represenatives.
It maye be a bit of work, but beats paying for all that metal. I'm doing something similar to offset my Dol Amroth (Minas Tirith Warrios/Archers counts as Dol Amroth Warriors/Archers).
I could see Arnor shouldn't be too difficult. Scrape away the tree emblems on the armour and shield (Easy part - done!). Scrape away the plate on the thighs, and sculpt the small chainmail dress around it as well as fixing the folds in the cloth. Scrape away the details on the helmet, and then sculpt a cloth that wraps around.

The only difficult thing I think (Considering, I did all of that for my Dol Amroth apart from the helmet stuff so far) would be changing the arms to get rid of the plate. Just because there are armguards as well as the plate mail. Perhaps just skip it, I think with all the green going on, cloth wrapped around the helmet, and painting a different emblem on the shield will be enough.

Do something similar with the Knights of Minas Tirrith.

Either way, beats putting a crater sized hole in your wallet.

Jorgen_CAB
12-05-2009, 05:28
How about converting Minas Tirrith stuff into the Arnor represenatives.
It maye be a bit of work, but beats paying for all that metal. I'm doing something similar to offset my Dol Amroth (Minas Tirith Warrios/Archers counts as Dol Amroth Warriors/Archers).
I could see Arnor shouldn't be too difficult. Scrape away the tree emblems on the armour and shield (Easy part - done!). Scrape away the plate on the thighs, and sculpt the small chainmail dress around it as well as fixing the folds in the cloth. Scrape away the details on the helmet, and then sculpt a cloth that wraps around.

The only difficult thing I think (Considering, I did all of that for my Dol Amroth apart from the helmet stuff so far) would be changing the arms to get rid of the plate. Just because there are armguards as well as the plate mail. Perhaps just skip it, I think with all the green going on, cloth wrapped around the helmet, and painting a different emblem on the shield will be enough.

Do something similar with the Knights of Minas Tirrith.

Either way, beats putting a crater sized hole in your wallet.

Humm, I rather work some extra hours at work and buy they models (saves time), it would take too much time to do all that converting. ;)

someone2040
12-05-2009, 05:47
Well... suit yourself :P
I dunno about you, but I think I'd rather but a smidge of work in to convert some plastic Minas Tirith guys than buy Warriors of Arnor at horrendous prices. It costs almost like 4 times as much per model for metals.

It honestly doesn't take that long to scrape off some details, and get some green stuff out to sculpt some basic chainmail and a headband :P. It's not exactly extensive converting here.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
12-05-2009, 14:21
I really dont like the Dol Amroth models personally. I dont think they feel Dunedain at all, which is ironic :P Nothing of the seabirds, Nimloth the fair, nor anything Numenorean that I can think of :S
Peace :D

skarsniktheunclean
13-05-2009, 07:32
Humm, I rather work some extra hours at work and buy they models (saves time), it would take too much time to do all that converting. ;)

It would save time,but like i said i have a 4 month old daughter to provide for,so thats where most of my money goes,even if i did work extra hours.

also if i use minas tirith i can use them as WoMT if i dont get on with WoA

P.s im not a geek

cheers
matt

Jorgen_CAB
13-05-2009, 09:13
It would save time,but like i said i have a 4 month old daughter to provide for,so thats where most of my money goes,even if i did work extra hours.

also if i use minas tirith i can use them as WoMT if i dont get on with WoA

P.s im not a geek

cheers
matt

Well, I have a four month old son and I value my time more than my money now, though you have to priorities all of that as well... ;)

And besides, these little toy soldiers could become his to play with in the future so it might be a good investment as well. :D