PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

CommissarGuard
08-05-2009, 23:34
Hi all,
I am need of some advice,
I whould like to make my catachan army into gaunts ghosts but dont know where to start, can you convert all the models to be like the people in the book or do you need to get the proper tanith models, also what are the colours that i should use to paint them as i have seen so many differnt schemes that chould be used for them

any advice whould br great

thxs all

Mannimarco
09-05-2009, 00:13
tanith models are nice but pricey and pretty limited, catachans are pretty musculard but would look half decent with tanith cloaks (greenstuff them)

i used to run some tanith as hardened vetrans with urban type camo, this way you can include a bunch of tanks in the army as well, Narmenians FTW

Coragus
09-05-2009, 00:14
Use blue for your color.

Vote Kantor
09-05-2009, 00:15
dont use just one colour, use a camo scheme, with the basecoat the same colour as the terrain they represent (eg, snow base = light blue camo)

Donblas
09-05-2009, 04:02
Wood elf cloaks with the cowled heads and Cad bodies works pretty dang well you can use the woodelf bodies for female troopers as for color its up to what terrian you want them fighting in. I have mine with the black uniform and pink/purpled cloaks mostly cause at the store I play at they have some pink purple terrian that just looked really cool.

Ddraiglais
09-05-2009, 05:53
Green/black/brown tiger stripes.

shin'keiro
09-05-2009, 07:27
In all the novels Gaunt's Ghosts wear black and travel in matt-black vehicles.

CommissarGuard
10-05-2009, 20:00
thank you all for your advice, have another question what whould be the best way to convert a trooper in to "try again" brigg as i am sure i had seen somewhere he can carry a heavy bolter but the guy in my local model shop thorgh i was going insane any advice would be great

TheDarkDuke
10-05-2009, 20:06
Black with some red/orange and gold small detailing would look ace, for the ghosts IMO.

As for the heavy bolter, try getting a CSM "stripped down" style one and some converting should do the trick.

marv335
10-05-2009, 20:13
If you can find the model, Ox from the last chancers makes a wonderful T.A. Bragg (or Harker)

CommissarGuard
10-05-2009, 20:18
As for the heavy bolter, try getting a CSM "stripped down" style one and some converting should do the trick.

I have a spare SM heavy bolter whould that work

Donblas
10-05-2009, 20:22
Get the bragg model they made with the Gaunts Ghost pack comes with all the guys I think if not space marine scout could work.

CommissarGuard
10-05-2009, 20:24
Get the bragg model they made with the Gaunts Ghost pack comes with all the guys I think if not space marine scout could work.

I have a spare space marine scout so chould try that
thanks

Spacker
10-05-2009, 22:46
I found a Catachan with scout heavy bolter on my shelf the other day, must have been part of an auction that I hadn't noticed was in there. It actually looks pretty good, similar to a conversion I did years ago when I used my old metal Catachans in Necromunda. And even better is that rules wise you could use in the new IG too with the Gunnery Sergeant Harker rules :D

Lord Cook
10-05-2009, 23:52
The Tanith wear black armour in the books, if that's any help.

CommissarGuard
11-05-2009, 15:53
Another question if i dont get the tanith modals can i use a normail IG sniper and count him as Larkin

bushidobackstab
27-08-2009, 11:33
I need some arms for my ghosts that are bare skinned but not as beefly as cata-steroieds but not as thin as wood elf arms plz help

Luko
27-08-2009, 14:37
I would use black as thats what they wear in the books, with a woodland pattern camo cloak.

Ox from the last chancers or the new harker model would work well. But if you want cheaper, try using a heavy stubber from the tank sprue. Bragg does use autocannons from time to time.

Use whatever models you like. As long as they looked some-what near what they should represent and you explained it to me before a battle I would have no problem with it!

Luko

Shadowlance
10-09-2009, 12:56
Black....the ultimate night camo...:D

Petay1985
10-09-2009, 13:17
camouflage has to be your answer? mixing it with a non-amry-syle colour works well!! check out the guard painting log by Fenriz for a geed example of urban camouflage with Red fatigues, works well...

Yorkiebar
10-09-2009, 13:46
Matt black armour and camouflage capes are the basic scheme, as well as pale skin, dark hair and blue ink tattoos.

Captain Micha
10-09-2009, 13:47
Hi all,
I am need of some advice,
I whould like to make my catachan army into gaunts ghosts but dont know where to start, can you convert all the models to be like the people in the book or do you need to get the proper tanith models, also what are the colours that i should use to paint them as i have seen so many differnt schemes that chould be used for them

any advice whould br great

thxs all

Varying shades of blue in a camouflage scheme