PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2.5k list - help

Balthazaar
09-05-2009, 11:36
Hi Guys, This list is to be run against wood elves, just wanted some opinions and tips. Thanks in advance:

Daemon Prince (General)
Mark of Tzeentch - Lvl4 sorceror - diabolic splendour

Exalted Hero
BSB - Doom Totem - Barded Steed - Shield - Mark of Nurgle
Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorceror - Lvl2
Chaos Undivided - Lore of Fire - Skull of Katam

Chaos Sorceror - Lvl2
Mark of Slaanesh - Stream of Corruption

18 Chaos warriors
MON - FC - Shields

24 Chaos Marauders
FC - Shields and L/Armour- Mark of Slaanesh (Slaanesh Sorc bunkered here)

19 Chaos Marauders
FC - Shields and L/Armour (Undivided Sorc here)

5x Marauder horse
Shields & L/Armour

5x Marauder horse
Shields & L/Armour

5x Warhounds

5x Warhounds

5x Warhounds

5x Chaos knights (Mounted Exalted Here)
FC - MoN - Blasted Standard

Chaos Giant

10PD - 6DD

I wanted to use the Daemon prince as I havent tried him out yet, I have to admit Im a bit anxious of the treemen my enemy is likely to field, hence the decision to use fire magic. Slaanesh magic is intended to disrupt his movement phase.

I have gone cav heavy as well to counter his hit and run tactics.
the infantry blocks serve to mop up and take out bigger units.

Cobbicus
10-05-2009, 03:07
I think the demon prince costs way to many points for him to be worth it. I would run a tzeentch sorcerer lord on a disc, obviously its not the same in combat but in reality the demon prince will need to dual charge to break something in combat most of the time. You can take a sorcerer lord with MoT, lvl 4, disc, golden eye of tzeentch, dispel scroll, infernal puppet, conjoined humunculus, and bloodcurdling roar (that's not too important how ever I just like it a lot) for 445 points in comparison to the demon prince for 510.

Dexter099
10-05-2009, 21:41
Demon Prince needs more gifts to be more effective. At this points level he's still kinda iffy. Field him at 3k more like.

Balthazaar
11-05-2009, 11:55
Ok So I adjusted the list and shifted the focus a little:

Chaos Lord
diabolic splendour - Filth Mace- Shield - MON - Barded Steed

Exalted hero
BSB - Doom Totem - Shield - Barded Steed - Mark of Nurgle
Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorceror - Lvl2
Chaos Undivided - Lore of Fire - Skull of Katam

Chaos Sorceror - Lvl2
Mark of Slaanesh - Stream of Corruption - x2 Dispel

18 Chaos warriors
MON - Shields - FC

24 Chaos Marauders
FC - Shields and L/Armour- Mark of Slaanesh

19 Chaos Marauders
FC - Shields and L/Armour

5x Marauder horse
Shields & L/Armour - Flails

5x Marauder horse
Shields & L/Armour - Flails

5x Chaos knights
FC - MoN - Blasted Standard

5x Chaos knights
FC - MoN

Chaos Warshrine

The game went down on Sunday, and my opponent tried to match me in Close combat, needless to say he just bounced, he lost 6 challenges and was basically slaughtered outright.

A big mistake, he didn't bring much magic defence, and I got lucky, I managed to get at least 1 spell off each turn, and in 2 turns got 2 off which laid out nearly half his army.

just the treeman was left in T6, everything else was dead or running.
I was about 300pts shy of a massacre. I don't think my list was as great as his was bad.

Mullitron
11-05-2009, 15:28
Well i like the prince, may not be the most cost effective unit in the game but does work well with diabolic splendor and doom totem. I would suggest also giving him tendrils so he can saflty throw lots of power dice to cast gateway with little fear of getting a miscast. also id make one of your low level casters nurgle, as magnificent buboes is a great spell not to mention if your lucky you may get the regen spell which can help to keep your units and prince alive.