PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with new regiment ideas

strapingyunglad
09-05-2009, 21:28
Hey, ive just recently ordered a battle force and some extra goodies to start off my imperial guard force, but the problem is im more of a "KILL THE EMPEROR!" rather than for the empreror kind of guy so im modelling my guardsmen as traitors. Unfortunatly though im having some creative block in coming up with ideas for a new regiment.

I know im going to greenstuff closed there helmets and give them each a different look, ill be removing the little skirt things on the torso, removing the shoulder pads (ill do some test models first to see how it looks), removing all imperial symbols, adding lots of incense burners and chains, and generally making them look ragged. The paint scheme will be bronze armour and grey citi camo clothing.

But i can't make any head way in the most important part of an army, the regiment name and symbol! Ive come up with the word "Gamin" wich meens lost child and there backstory will basically be that they were left to die somwere by the imperium and are out for revenge.

This is were i need some help, any ideas for a name and symbol are greatly apreciated and anything will do. I like beasts of myth and general scary things but im open for anything. So, any ideas?

Caiphas Cain
09-05-2009, 21:29
Hellhounds would sound beastly

SirSaladhead
09-05-2009, 21:34
But i can't make any head way in the most important part of an army, the regiment name and symbol! Ive come up with the word "Gamin" wich meens lost child and there backstory will basically be that they were left to die somwere by the imperium and are out for revenge.

Their homeplanet could provide material for a symbol, or even a name. Finish the
fluff before you come up with those.

strapingyunglad
09-05-2009, 21:51
Their homeplanet could provide material for a symbol, or even a name. Finish the
fluff before you come up with those.

Ill try to come up with a proper name but realy they are enemies if the imperium because they were sent to a far away planet to weige war but after the battle was won the imperium felt it would be more cost effective to just leave them to die, therefore there homeworld would be cadia or some were close by.

But there current residence would def be a death world, probobly near the maelstorm.

strapingyunglad
09-05-2009, 21:52
Hellhounds would sound beastly

Thanks ill work on that. Defeneltly like'ing the hounds part.
anybody else?