PDA

View Full Version : CHAOS WAR MAMMOTH, have you seen one?

Epyonliu
10-05-2009, 09:19
The chaos war mammoth model totally attracted me. It's soooo cool and powerful! Well the price is considerably high... :cries:
Have you ever seen one in action? 600 point is acceptable in a 2500 point game I think. And it will be quite fun to have such a giantic THING in the field, either killing or be hunted. HAHA

I'm still considering of getting one, but if so, I will not be able to buy anything else in the following half year:p:cries: It will take a long time to paint, too. So, it's a hard decision to make...:confused:

GuyLeCheval
10-05-2009, 09:22
Yup, I saw one. It was in a character bash competition ;)

Bregalad
10-05-2009, 09:46
Here is a not bad alternative that is much cheaper:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=828

SkawtheFalconer
10-05-2009, 13:31
I've fought against one in a "friendly" 2K game. Obviously, it's ridiculously overpowered. What made me laugh was when I managed to kill it in combat with some incredibly lucky rolling, only for 20 Marauders to jump out and pound my still celebrating unit...

Arodan
10-05-2009, 13:54
I would rather buy the Lord of the rings Mumak and convert it a little. Well in fact that is what i have done. (ok up to now i have only bought the Mumak and i have too much else to paint)

agger
10-05-2009, 14:07
Here is a not bad alternative that is much cheaper:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=828

Wauv! didn't even know west wind made larger miniatures like that!... Do anyone have a picture of the model next to another model for scale?

TheGreatWhiteRat
10-05-2009, 14:13
I remember playing in an event down at the FLGS a couple years back for the Storm of Chaos there was a big mega siege game that 4 or 5 of those mammoths, a giant cannon, a some forge world greater daemons. There was something like 100,000 points on the field. It must have been hell to referee.

The 2 Black Dragons
10-05-2009, 16:03
Hi,
I have two and they are some of the best made models forge world has made for chaos/fantasy.

Rules wise they are not overpowered, I have used one twice in different fun games to see how it works and I must say they are not worth their gaming points, did not realy do that much damage. The Barbarians and the hero riding it done more damage but it was fun.

So gaming wise it was no good but it looks great

Westwind mammoth ist a lot smaller than the FW one

Epyonliu
10-05-2009, 16:48
Hi,
I have two and they are some of the best made models forge world has made for chaos/fantasy.

Rules wise they are not overpowered, I have used one twice in different fun games to see how it works and I must say they are not worth their gaming points, did not realy do that much damage. The Barbarians and the hero riding it done more damage but it was fun.

So gaming wise it was no good but it looks great

Westwind mammoth ist a lot smaller than the FW one

Wow 2 of them?:eek:
I don't think them are good gaming choice either. But it will be fun to have giantic creatures storming in the field~

chivalrous
11-05-2009, 17:42
Wauv! didn't even know west wind made larger miniatures like that!... Do anyone have a picture of the model next to another model for scale?

There are some Dwarves riding it that give a fairly good idea of how large it is.

dsw1
11-05-2009, 18:00
I remember back in the Storm of Chaos campaign, my local store had a thing where you had a mega battle, the last 5 armies on good and evil played a siege battle. tides Chaos attacking and the united front of the allies defending.

The Chaos got a war mammoth on their side and where all excited to see it tear open the walls of the castle so they could storm in and kill the sigmar worshipping fools! Turn 1 went to the chaos and the moved the huge beast forwards, the mammoths shadow looming over the great city walls! Next came the Allies turn, they sent 2 units of 10 skinks forwards... needless to say they never got to use the mammoth on the walls as it ended up rampaging over the chaos armies :D

It was an awesome battle.

Sleazy
11-05-2009, 18:07
I have a couple of mammoths, not FW though.

I dont have a proper pic to hand but if you look inthe background on this pic, to the right is a Black Tree Design mammoth - the heaviest model I own. Trust me its solid pewter and weighs a lot more than my resin reaver!

To the left is a wip chaos mammoth, this is the same size and scale as the FW one but is made of hard plastic and was bought as a kids toy from tesco for about 10.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sleazycome/SP_A0154.jpg?t=1242065944

I have used one in a game using the FW rules. It was cool but not uber, it killed a unit of Iron Guts and Empire Spearmen and caused lots to run away before a wizard killed it with Pit of Shades.

Good fun.

The 2 Black Dragons
11-05-2009, 19:38
Sleazy,
you might have just saved my day!

Do you remeber when you got that Tesco Mammoth?
From wich company it was from? Have a look at its belly or on one of its feet.

I have been looking for this "toy" for a long while now a nd just can not find it

Sleazy
11-05-2009, 20:16
The toy was called Tusker Raider I think and the ranger was Viking Raiders or something. It was sold in tesco stores, there was others in the range like longboats and dragons. the action figures it came with were way oversized for the mammoth which seems to be very based on the FW one.

If it ever had a stamp on its belly I think its covered by greenstuff. It used to make roaring noises.

Defcon
11-05-2009, 21:20
I played a fellow with a War Mammoth back when I played Orcs and Goblins. He was a much better player than I and completely was stomping in my army. So naturally I ran the Orc special character with the boar up to the mammoth and kept challenging his Chaos Lord. I then would promptly lose the duel (no matter what I did), and run away.

It was amusing to imagine him running up the massive trunk just to dive onto the howdah and duel the Chaos Lord, have his boar get scared, and Legolas-slide back down the trunk to run away, regroup, and get charged only to do it over again.

It looks great, though.

Nesbet
12-05-2009, 04:57
Sleazy, could you please give us more photos of your WIP mammoth?

thanks in advice!!

Lord Dan
12-05-2009, 05:05
Hi,

... why would you get two of them?

Unwise
12-05-2009, 05:31
The plastic mammoth really sparked my interest, so I did some searching around and found where to buy one:

http://tesco.shoppingoffers.org.uk/Toys/Vikings-Tusker-Raider-Playset-328382313.aspx

Not doing me much good in Australia though...

Sleazy
12-05-2009, 07:14
Thats the one! Thanks Unwise, I hunted online but couldnt find it. All you do is chop off the firing cannons etc, , raise the depth of the howdah, fill in the gaps and give the action figures to your kid brother/son.

I'll get some proper pics sorted. I started this about a year ago and kinda forgot about it.

slasher
12-05-2009, 07:21
Yep, have one, still not finished putting it together though - so havent gamed with it yet......

RichardC
24-09-2010, 00:39
I got this one, a little bigger than FW I think, but only $25.00 including shipping and lots of opportunity to convert it to your taste

http://hobby1.com/store/product/250368/1-13-Giant-Woolly-Mammoth-Tusk/

Warwizard91
24-09-2010, 05:33
because he has more money than sense I would guess

check out this one, I have it and its $25.00 with shipping

A little bigger than the FW one but can be easily converted to whatever you like with greenstuff

Its front leg looks kind of funky, so do its joints. If it looks better all done up then it could be a very good option.

Leth Shyish'phak
24-09-2010, 17:27
I would rather buy the Lord of the rings Mumak and convert it a little. Well in fact that is what i have done. (ok up to now i have only bought the Mumak and i have too much else to paint)

After reading this, my sad little unused Mumak will have a purpose once more! :evilgrin:

Now, if only I knew how to use green stuff. :shifty: My Chaos Giant needs some work from it too, so I suppose that this is a good excuse to get some...

Lord Dan
24-09-2010, 17:53
I have this one a bit bigger than FW I think buy only $25.00 including shipping
and lots of opportunity to comvert it to your liking

1/13th scale? That must be massive.

Pacorko
25-09-2010, 01:39
Yep, about 28 cm tall or so and 41.9 cm long as per the specifications on the website.

I know I will be getting one soon.

RealMikeBob
25-09-2010, 07:20
It used to make roaring noises.

You should have left that feature in :D

theorox
25-09-2010, 07:42
You should have left that feature in :D

Lol, agreed!:D

"MOOoOooAAaaaaRrRRrRhHHhHhhh!" :wtf:

Theo

Arnizipal
25-09-2010, 11:49
RichardC, please check the date of a thread before you post in it. This one was over a year old.

Thread closed for threadomancy.

Arnizipal

++ The Warseer Moderation Team ++