PDA

View Full Version : Baal Stormlord?

hendybadger
10-05-2009, 22:44
Im looking at getting something big for my Blood Angels army.
Thinking of converting a Baneblade Stormlord.
It has the same style turret weapon as a Baal Predator.
Will Have a Marine gunner and the engine will be replaced with a Land Raider engine.

What do people think?
Useable? Not?
Advice or ideas?

shutupSHUTUP!!!
10-05-2009, 23:01
Blood Angels don't use Stormlords, so it makes no more or less sense than them using Baneblades or Shadowswords. Personally I'd choose the super heavy that has the best synergy with your army and say the Imperial Guard has lent it to them for the duration of the battle. What do you need the most? If it's a transport sure go with the Stormlord.

Ravenheart
10-05-2009, 23:02
In Apocalypse? Sure! Anything goes.

I'd recommend to convert it a bit, so it fits to the marines. Cutting away some rivets would be a good start.

Slipknotman21
11-05-2009, 00:21
Sounds cool go for it:).

Somerandomidiot
11-05-2009, 02:43
Oh good lord... not another of these! Do what you want, but don't complain when people here tell you it's completely against the fluff.

Johnnyfrej
11-05-2009, 03:56
Oh good lord... not another of these! Do what you want, but don't complain when people here tell you it's completely against the fluff.
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195559
Yes, let's end the madness before it begans again.

Kirasu
11-05-2009, 05:31
You mean like my blood angel stormlord? As I think the stormlord is the most blood angelish of all the super heavies.. It has a big gun that shoots a bunch of times

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182318 (scroll down past the thunderhawk)

It's not exactly converted, but if you follow the BA tournament scene at all you'll be aware of the joke that Corbulo never gets out of his land raider (or rhino if hes on a budget).. Due to his great service he was upgraded with some new wheels and now rolls around in a brand new stormlord (among my group anyway)

Yes it doesnt follow fluff, but its funny if you're part of the inside joke and it looks cool

hendybadger
11-05-2009, 07:34

Its not another one of those threads. If people say its against the fluff then i dont care.
Just wondered what people thought of the model idea and how it would look.

Max1mum
11-05-2009, 07:51
your going to generaly get two types of responses on this one,

the : against the fluff - respons
the : do what you want, your time and money just have fun with it respons.

about the model it self, a marine gunner and a different engine back plate are not going to stand out, people might not even notice it until you point it out i'm afraid...Having said that. Go for it, it will individualise your super heavy, and that's what converting is all about ;-)

htj
11-05-2009, 08:46
I would say that since it has BS3 (doesn't it?) that it'd be better to go with Servitor gunners. Possibly make it look more some kind of mobile fortress-monastery.

hendybadger
11-05-2009, 15:36
I also like the idea of removing the rivets to make it look more SM like.
Maybe some Land Raider hatches and sponsons?

How else could i make more 'Marine like'?

Dr. Hellbeast
11-05-2009, 15:39
I also like the idea of removing the rivets to make it look more SM like.
Maybe some Land Raider hatches and sponsons?

How else could i make more 'Marine like'?

Thunderfire cannon sponsons !!! :evilgrin:

htj
11-05-2009, 15:54
Might be worth having a look at the Battlefleet Gothic Marine stuff for inspiration in style. Or you could make a great big assault ramp on the front, Land Raider style.